Bantam thread(including polish and silkies)

does anyone know what the genetic colour make up of my red silkie hera is. @NatJ do you know?
I had not been reading this thread. Did you post pictures of her somewhere in it?

Assuming the color is red all over, without obvious black or white, I would expect:
gold gene (s+), not Silver (S)
probably Wheaten (E^Wh), but several of the other e-locus genes may be possible
Likely Columbian (Co) or Dark Brown (Db) or both, to restrict the amount of black.

If there is any amount of non-red showing the tail and the big feathers of the wings, it will be either white (Dominant White, I) or black (i+ lack of dominant white.) Unless it's blue or chocolate or some other color, which seems unlikely but not impossible. I think it is more likely to be black than any other color (that would identify at least three genes: lack of Dominant White or dun/khaki is i+, lack of blue is bl+, lack of chocolate is Choc+).

Maralita chill’s with Quails…
94521047-E20E-458C-8C0A-35C5CF654B44.jpeg

I had not been reading this thread. Did you post pictures of her somewhere in it?

Assuming the color is red all over, without obvious black or white, I would expect:
gold gene (s+), not Silver (S)
probably Wheaten (E^Wh), but several of the other e-locus genes may be possible
Likely Columbian (Co) or Dark Brown (Db) or both, to restrict the amount of black.

If there is any amount of non-red showing the tail and the big feathers of the wings, it will be either white (Dominant White, I) or black (i+ lack of dominant white.) Unless it's blue or chocolate or some other color, which seems unlikely but not impossible. I think it is more likely to be black than any other color (that would identify at least three genes: lack of Dominant White or dun/khaki is i+, lack of blue is bl+, lack of chocolate is Choc+).
Her flight feathers are a mixture of black and red but it is only visible when her wings are pulled back. She also has an odd eye colour.

Her flight feathers are a mixture of black and red but it is only visible when her wings are pulled back. She also has an odd eye colour.

In that case, definitely i+ (no Dominant White)

I don't know about what genes affect eye color.

Probably:
s+ (gold)
Mh (Mahogany, makes a richer red shade than just having gold)
E^WH (Wheaten)
Co or Db or both (Columbian or Dark Brown, both restricters of black)
i+ (no Dominant White, also no dun/khaki)

These may be obvious, but she would also be:
b+ (not barred)
Choc+ (not chocolate)
Lav+ (not showing lavender, can't be positive whether she carries it or not)
Mo+ (not showing mottling, can't be positive whether she carries it or not)
C+ (not showing Dominant White, can't be positive whether she carries it or not)
And so on for various other genes.

Back
Top Bottom