Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Ok so can we conclude that it could be the probiotics? And maybe I should cut back to every other day? I made mash for the chick's because she was packed I noticed yesterday that Thelma was having issues with her behind and when I get back home she will be getting a warm bath. I put probiotics/ vitamin in their water because I have well water and they can't free range. Also, I'm picking up 25 Braham eggs this afternoon 😋.
You could try every other day with the probiotics, and plain water on the between days. Same for the vitamins, they won't need that every day, try every other day for the first two weeks them you can cut back even more. You can also have 2 waterers, one always available with plan water and the second with the vitamins / probiotics.

I use mash for several reasons, it keeps the feed in the pan more and less on the ground, it makes the crumbles fall apart into tiny particles that even the smallest bantam can eat, and it helps get a little more water into them. They seem to really dig in to the mash so I feel that "they are getting their fill" lol.

It's a learning curve, the season they are growing in, the brand of feed you have, the nutrition of the parent stock, the breed of the chicks... the artistry of chicken raising ☺️

You could try every other day with the probiotics, and plain water on the between days. Same for the vitamins, they won't need that every day, try every other day for the first two weeks them you can cut back even more. You can also have 2 waterers, one always available with plan water and the second with the vitamins / probiotics.

I use mash for several reasons, it keeps the feed in the pan more and less on the ground, it makes the crumbles fall apart into tiny particles that even the smallest bantam can eat, and it helps get a little more water into them. They seem to really dig in to the mash so I feel that "they are getting their fill" lol.

It's a learning curve, the season they are growing in, the brand of feed you have, the nutrition of the parent stock, the breed of the chicks... the artistry of chicken raising ☺️
Thanks you ! She very mad at me right now. I wash it off and cute some of the feather back. She did have a BM so it can move. The second water is a good idea. 👍

The mystery chocolate splash from the February hatch.

20240408_140044.jpg

Hammy, wondering why I removed him from his happy brooder and not impressed with this whole photo shoot idea. It looks like he has his wings on his hips 🤣
20240408_140320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom