Barred Owl - Should I worry?

It's 2020, and she still comes back! My male goose doesn't care for her coming down to drink with them, but my girl goose likes her.

This is Celeste from today and over the weekend. IMG_20201014_233726_091.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_202242.jpg
    IMG_20201011_202242.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 10
Also, there's a second owl now who also comes close. It called out first and then came down for a chat. I'd never seen this owl before, but s/he definitely seemed familiar with me. I named it Orion.

I only had my phone with me, and it was at dusk IMG_20201011_205352_381.jpg , so it's not the greatest picture in the world.

Celeste, and now Orion, are the only two I've ever encountered. Orion calls, but Celeste has always been quiet. After three years, I only heard her voice for the first time over the weekend when she had flown up into a tree near me as I put up my geese and I didn't know where she was. She then made soft chirps until I was able to see her in the tree. After that, she flew away for the night.

I can't get a bead on Orion. He flew to me like we were old friends, but that was the first time I'd seen him in my life. The branch he was on was only a few feet from me, about 8ft off the ground and open towards me - he wasn't hidden by any means. They seem to be a lot like cats as far as temperament goes.

I keep being told this isn't typical behavior, but I've got to wonder. Two of them doing this. I've never given food to Celeste since I don't want her associating me with food. The woo part of me believes she's my aunt reincarnated. Celeste was gone most of last year, but she appeared on my birthday and stayed two days, she came back Christmas Eve and stayed through New Year's day, and she came on Valentine's day. My aunt would always contact me on those days. It's a weird coincidence but still personally significant.

Back
Top Bottom