Bay Area BYCers!

Hi folks! We have a dozen cockerels looking for a good home. The cockerels have been raised at home, so they're super people-friendly: as chicks, they would fall asleep curled up in our hands, and as young cockerels they come running to you as soon as you show up! They're curious and lively, always happy to explore new surroundings. As adults, both breeds are known to be fantastic flock leaders; calling their hens to food, ensuring peace in the flock, and willing to defend their hens from predators with their life.

Why are we giving them away? Because we love these rare breeds and want to help preserve them. The two breeds are:

-Bielefelders, often called the "ultimate chicken." They're known for being super docile and sweet, cold-hardy, and the hens are great layers. See breed description here: http://greenfirefarms.com/chicken/bielefelder/

-Swedish Flower Hens, stunning and great tempered: http://greenfirefarms.com/chicken/swedish-flower-hen/ (the whole breed is called Swedish Flower Hens, even if male, it's directly translated from Swedish)

We love these birds, so we are pretty choosy in whom we give them to, and we're willing to wait to find the right homes. We're looking for people who will give them an outdoors environment, with real grass and dirt, and who are committed to taking good care of their flock, and bring them to the vet if critical. If this sounds like you, please PM me. We’re in San Francisco.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Olivia

(photos below are to give an idea of the breed, what they’ll look like once grown)

@KMilani @Poop Cleaner I've got bantam Orpington, & bantam Easter Egger cockerels (as well as a few pullets) looking for homes in the next 1-2 months. They're just now becoming discernible by sex, so I'll hold back some breeders & offer the rest to those who are interested.
smile.png
Jeremy,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately, due to size Bantams wont work for us. But thank you!
Do you have any non-bantam fertile eggs for sale now or in the next few weeks?

Jeremy,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately, due to size Bantams wont work for us. But thank you!
Hi,
I have fertile Marraduna Basque Hen hatching eggs available or I have some eggs in the incubator due to hatch around 3/12 if you are interested.

Jeremy,

Nope, I no longer breed large fowl. Bantams have taken over my chicken yard.

Hello Bay Area!

Stumbled on BYC and love all the reads here.

Brother in law gave us 3 adult sizzles a month ago and the kids love them. We thought it would be even cooler to raise them from chicks.

I was wondering if anyone has any bantam chicks for sale? We would prefer to buy them locally if possible vs ordering online. Eggs are small but we like the size of the smaller chickens.

We are located in El Sobrante.

Does anyone know anywhere to buy Modesto Milling organic corn soy free layer pellets at a reasonable price? Anywhere from SF to the coast side would help.

I have been driving down to Santa Cruz but would value somewhere closer.

Back
Top Bottom