Bessemer Thread Revisited - No Flaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
duck&chickencrazy :

Quote:
Well, hows this, its the begining of a new breed.

Ok so then it's in the process of becoming a breed but it's not a breed yet...​

Well, actually, Holderread doesn't list true breed criteria. It's APA recognition criteria.

You breed them for 3 generations then you may be able to claim them as a breed. First level off springs cannot be mistaken for true breeding. Perhaps you need some genetic testing to proof that it is a new breed. Just putting out the claim and then charging a poop load for hatching eggs or birds is a cheap shot. You don't post a breed claim on one board and then ask other sites to copy the material. Especially with such lame history on the birds. You better know their breeding stock down to the dot and don't guess it.

The Duck ABC's :

You breed them for 3 generations then you may be able to claim them as a breed. First level off springs cannot be mistaken for true breeding. It is genetically impossible for phenotype Buffs to not be genome Buffs as well. Perhaps you need some genetic testing to proof that it is a new breed. Just putting out the claim and then charging a &#!* load for hatching eggs or birds is a cheap shot. I sell all my birds for $5 a chicken and $10 a duck! And I don't raise many run-of-the-mil things... You don't post a breed claim on one board and then ask other sites to copy the material. I'm not asking other sites to copy material. Especially with such lame history on the birds. Okay then. Tell me in detail the exact way DHBs or Dorkings were originated. They, like this breed, were discovered being raised in an area. Nothing more to it. You better know their breeding stock down to the dot and don't guess it.

Why is everyone so forboding of a new breed?​

Last edited:
The Duck ABC's :

You breed them for 3 generations then you may be able to claim them as a breed. First level off springs cannot be mistaken for true breeding. Perhaps you need some genetic testing to proof that it is a new breed. Just putting out the claim and then charging a poop load for hatching eggs or birds is a cheap shot. You don't post a breed claim on one board and then ask other sites to copy the material. Especially with such lame history on the birds. You better know their breeding stock down to the dot and don't guess it.

Again I agree (I didnt know about the 3 generations thing though)...I have been looking for any hint of this breed...anywhere and have yet to find it...where did the guy you got them from get them?​

Last edited:
WOW Ducks And Banny hens I am so sorry that so many people are attacking you
hugs.gif
. I wish you the best on your journey to sharing your knowledge of this breed.

duck&chickencrazy :

The Duck ABC's :

Again I agree...I have been looking for any hint of this breed...anywhere and have yet to find it...where did the guy you got them from get them?​

A friend of his gave them to him when he and his wife got divorced.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom