Birthday Gifts from DD - What in the World???

BeckyLa

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
N. Louisiana
I gotta love it when someone who knows nothing about chickens gives me babies for my birthday.
lol.png
Does anyone have any ideas? All I know is that they are 5-6 week old bantys. I've looked at the hatchery website (Ideal) and still can't figure it out.
hu.gif

1. Black, black face & beak, dark legs

BlackChick.jpg

2. Dark brown, light face & beak, light legs

MVC-584F.jpg

3. Dark buff or gold, black tail, light face & beak, slate lets

MVC-583F.jpg

4. White, probably Cochin, but has much heavier leg feathering than I've seen before

MVC-565F.jpg

5. Blue, dark face & beak, slate legs

MVC-563F.jpg

6. Different shades of buff, light face & beak, white legs

MVC-564F.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the buff with black tails are Black tailed buff old english game bantams, the first one could be a Black old english game, second one kind of looks like a new hampshire bantam, the blue one im not sure about, and you deffenetly have a white cochen bantam rooster there.

Thanks for the help! About the buffs, though, one does have light colored legs, like my oegb, but the others have slate colored legs. Oegb don't have slate legs, do they? This is what confuses me about these tiny girls, the slate legs. Any ideas on that?
idunno.gif

I would have guessed you might have a black and a blue Ameraucana bantam, and perhaps a bantam Buff Orp in the mix, but I'm no expert.
smile.png
If the legs had been shorter on the buff with the black tail, I might have guessed buff black-tail Japanese bantam, but the legs are too long.

the black one Could be a Sumatra

The red one NHR Bantam

third one, Black tailed Buff OEG

White cochin Bantam

Blue OEG

Black tailed Buff Dutch Bantam, or another Black Tailed Buff OEG

Just guesses!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom