Bobcat attack, please help!

Pics

SummerTheAnimalGirl

✝️Christ is everything!
Apr 7, 2022
Long story short a bobcat attacked one of my hens. He grabbed onto her neck but my dad jumped out of the window and was able to get the bobcat to drop her and run off. There are no bad wounds, just some missing feathers and a little bit of blood but that is the extent of it. She is not acting good tho and I think she is suffering from shock. How do I treat this? What should I do? Thank you so much for any help!
613F3AC9-5530-411D-8A19-F5D5E26332D9.jpeg

Attachments

• 8CB73633-5279-4AF9-9813-ACD4558F2259.jpeg
    8CB73633-5279-4AF9-9813-ACD4558F2259.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 12
Hello! Keep her warm in a dark place, give her sweetened water to help with shock. Also, you should do a thorough check for injuries, clean them with saline and put antibiotic ointment on.

Major kudos to your dad! He's a super hero!!!!
Thank you so much for your help! I will lost definitely do that.

I know right?!! He is the best.

Will the chickens be safe from the bobcat, if it comes back. You are so lucky. We lost 3 of our old hens, including my favorite 10 year old bantam, in a bobcat attack a year ago in the middle of the afternoon. They were chased around their field, and we saw the bobcat come back to get the bodies one by one. I would look the chicken over under feathers and wings for any puncture wounds. Hopefully there are no internal injuries.

Nope! Not any that I can find at least. She was bleeding a little bit on her face and her neck, but just a drop. I got that off and she isn’t bleeding anymore
I would clean her wounds either with warm soapy water or saline and put Neosporin on it. To prevent infection. Check her wounds, puncture wounds are harder to flush and can get infected.

Will the chickens be safe from the bobcat, if it comes back. You are so lucky. We lost 3 of our old hens, including my favorite 10 year old bantam, in a bobcat attack a year ago in the middle of the afternoon. They were chased around their field, and we saw the bobcat come back to get the bodies one by one. I would look the chicken over under feathers and wings for any puncture wounds. Hopefully there are no internal injuries.
Yes I surely am! Tho I prefer the term blessed. 🙃I am so sorry to hear about your chickens. I didn’t realize bobcats were such a problem! The chickens are now safe. We fixed the area where we think caused the problems. Thank you for your time and help

I would clean her wounds either with warm soapy water or saline and put Neosporin on it. To prevent infection. Check her wounds, puncture wounds are harder to flush and can get infected.
Ok I definitely will, thank you! I let her back into the flock because she was getting very antsy and she was so glad to be back. I will go grab her again tho and flush her wounds. I also heard dakins solution can work (1 gallon of water, 1T of bleach and 1t of baking soda) should I try that?

Back
Top Bottom