Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Hello all, I am sad beyond sad to report that all of my Brabanter eggs died in the power outage of the snow storm. I did everything I could, but 4 days without power is a very helpless place to be. Of 36 viable eggs going into lockdown, I got 16 live chicks, none of them Brabanter. Devastated doesn't begin to describe it. I am hoping to replace them by being able to trade for them. I have to offer a "barnyard mix with a twist". I have a Frizzled naked neck roo and a Huastec (black meat, bones, and skin) roo running with Araucana, Jersey Giant, Black Quechua Olmec, Sweet Potato Quechua and Dominique hens. When I hatch my own eggs, I generally get 1/3 frizzle naked neck babies, 1/3 black skin (as in REAL black, the blackest you've ever seen) babies, some with beard and crests, and 1/3 plain chipmunk or plain Jersey Giant-looking chicks. I have only had NOT 100% fertility one time, so my fertility is REALLY good. I've never sold or traded eggs, but I am hopig that someone thinks my wacky bunch is interesting enough to trade for a small amount of Brabanter eggs. Please let me know - I'd REALLY appreciate it. I don't need many eggs and I'll give you whatever numbers you want.

Hello all, I am sad beyond sad to report that all of my Brabanter eggs died in the power outage of the snow storm. I did everything I could, but 4 days without power is a very helpless place to be. Of 36 viable eggs going into lockdown, I got 16 live chicks, none of them Brabanter. Devastated doesn't begin to describe it. I am hoping to replace them by being able to trade for them. I have to offer a "barnyard mix with a twist". I have a Frizzled naked neck roo and a Huastec (black meat, bones, and skin) roo running with Araucana, Jersey Giant, Black Quechua Olmec, Sweet Potato Quechua and Dominique hens. When I hatch my own eggs, I generally get 1/3 frizzle naked neck babies, 1/3 black skin (as in REAL black, the blackest you've ever seen) babies, some with beard and crests, and 1/3 plain chipmunk or plain Jersey Giant-looking chicks. I have only had NOT 100% fertility one time, so my fertility is REALLY good. I've never sold or traded eggs, but I am hopig that someone thinks my wacky bunch is interesting enough to trade for a small amount of Brabanter eggs. Please let me know - I'd REALLY appreciate it. I don't need many eggs and I'll give you whatever numbers you want.
Four days! How awful for you! You must have gone to heroic lenngths to get anything!

Huastec??????I must look that up!

As far as the Huastec... if you go to my facebook page (myself and 2 friends run it) you can click on "Poe's Fowl Pics" in the albums to see the adults and the mixed chicks I mentioned. I'll be adding more in the next few days, too. Huastec are AWESOME. Black Quechua Olmec are even better!

www.facebook.com/friendswithfowl

I Have 7 black Sptizhauben from GFF about 3-4 weeks old. When can you tell who's a boy and who's a girl? I think I can tell a few now by there size and shank size but what do I need to look for. I'm not sure if I want to keep or sell then in part or in whole so looking to know when I start pairing them up.
I have one black Barthuhner also. Are there signs to look for regarding sexing for them also?
Thanks.

Hello Everyone
I wanted to let All of the Spitzhauben folks know that a Spitzhauben Breed club has been formed to gather lovers of spitz and breeders to work to get these beautiful birds APA recognized.
A board has been formed. we are workign to fill all of our regional director spots. Are starting to show already. If anyone would like more info please pm me . You can also email me [email protected]

Thanks
Catherine

Back
Top Bottom