Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

lol.png

Lavender with spangles... cool!
My DH was in SE Asia for a while and the yolks of chicken eggs were white... from eating rice?
Food colors might be easier and quicker than fooling around with genetics!

I would love to have some brabanters and some spitzhaubens, but I am having a terrible time trying to find any. Can any of you point me in the direction of a source somewhere near northern NJ or willing to ship to there?

I would love to have some brabanters and some spitzhaubens, but I am having a terrible time trying to find any. Can any of you point me in the direction of a source somewhere near northern NJ or willing to ship to there?

There is an Appenzeller Spitzhauben Club of America group on Facebook..best place to ask.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am sad beyond sad to report that all of my Brabanter eggs died in the power outage of the snow storm. I did everything I could, but 4 days without power is a very helpless place to be. Of 36 viable eggs going into lockdown, I got 16 live chicks, none of them Brabanter. Devastated doesn't begin to describe it. I am hoping to replace them by being able to trade for them. I have to offer a "barnyard mix with a twist". I have a Frizzled naked neck roo and a Huastec (black meat, bones, and skin) roo running with Araucana, Jersey Giant, Black Quechua Olmec, Sweet Potato Quechua and Dominique hens. When I hatch my own eggs, I generally get 1/3 frizzle naked neck babies, 1/3 black skin (as in REAL black, the blackest you've ever seen) babies, some with beard and crests, and 1/3 plain chipmunk or plain Jersey Giant-looking chicks. I have only had NOT 100% fertility one time, so my fertility is REALLY good. I've never sold or traded eggs, but I am hopig that someone thinks my wacky bunch is interesting enough to trade for a small amount of Brabanter eggs. Please let me know - I'd REALLY appreciate it. I don't need many eggs and I'll give you whatever numbers you want.

Hello all, I am sad beyond sad to report that all of my Brabanter eggs died in the power outage of the snow storm. I did everything I could, but 4 days without power is a very helpless place to be. Of 36 viable eggs going into lockdown, I got 16 live chicks, none of them Brabanter. Devastated doesn't begin to describe it. I am hoping to replace them by being able to trade for them. I have to offer a "barnyard mix with a twist". I have a Frizzled naked neck roo and a Huastec (black meat, bones, and skin) roo running with Araucana, Jersey Giant, Black Quechua Olmec, Sweet Potato Quechua and Dominique hens. When I hatch my own eggs, I generally get 1/3 frizzle naked neck babies, 1/3 black skin (as in REAL black, the blackest you've ever seen) babies, some with beard and crests, and 1/3 plain chipmunk or plain Jersey Giant-looking chicks. I have only had NOT 100% fertility one time, so my fertility is REALLY good. I've never sold or traded eggs, but I am hopig that someone thinks my wacky bunch is interesting enough to trade for a small amount of Brabanter eggs. Please let me know - I'd REALLY appreciate it. I don't need many eggs and I'll give you whatever numbers you want.

Back
Top Bottom