Brown inside?

whispurr

Songster
Mar 23, 2022
I boiled my eggs today in the instant pot. My first time using this model and I couldn't figure out the pressure relief. After shocking them in ice water, they are peeling easily. But they're brown inside. Is that a thing or did I just overcook them? Are they edible? Both in this picture are brown though one is darker.

Attachments

• 20220913_160620.jpg
    20220913_160620.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 7
How long did you cook them for? By girls lay brown eggs but they have never been brown after pealing. I follow the 555 method. 5 mins in high. 5 mins natural release (after the 5 mins do quick release) the 5 mins in the ice water. They come out perfect every time.

If I have a smaller egg that doesn’t fit on the trivet I have in the instant pot the part that touches the pot turns a little brown but that’s it.

How long did you cook them for? By girls lay brown eggs but they have never been brown after pealing. I follow the 555 method. 5 mins in high. 5 mins natural release (after the 5 mins do quick release) the 5 mins in the ice water. They come out perfect every time.

If I have a smaller egg that doesn’t fit on the trivet I have in the instant pot the part that touches the pot turns a little brown but that’s it.
I couldn't figure out how to do quick release so they natural released. I'm thinking maybe they just overcooked. Think they will taste bad?

Back
Top Bottom