BYC Café

Lone pullet was mingling with the flock in the coop this morning instead of 'hiding' as usual with her brother, good sign...dare I say her comb looks to be reddening at 17 weeks.
Brother is starting to crow, first I've heard. Will be very curious as to how he develops in the next few weeks.

Morning, Cafe! Thanks for the coffee and it is chilly here! 39F at 7:30am, but we had rain last night and we are not currently burning down. I am good with that. DS@ is on the Cameron Fire now at the north end of the RMNP. They are based out of the park so I am glad they are on it. I am off to do the chores and have a great day you all!

Lone pullet was mingling with the flock in the coop this morning instead of 'hiding' as usual with her brother, good sign...dare I say her comb looks to be reddening at 17 weeks.
Brother is starting to crow, first I've heard. Will be very curious as to how he develops in the next few weeks.
Do you have a flock rooster? Will you keep this guy after the pullet integrates?
My 2 d'Uccle boys are little buddies. I'm going to feel bad busting them up to rehome one, maybe both.

That's a good idea, but doesn't a lawnmower take more voltage to run?
Have seen mowers that take multiple batteries, same battery that will run other implements.
I have a 57V EGO string trimmer that I'm very happy with since I got it last summer.

Do you have a flock rooster? Will you keep this guy after the pullet integrates?
My 2 d'Uccle boys are little buddies. I'm going to feel bad busting them up to rehome one, maybe both.
I do, Willie is a 3-4yo BCM, and he had a hell of a time with the two bad boys.
Don't think he's messed much with the Last Brother, but LB has been incredibly docile staying out of everyone's way on sight. But who knows how LB will change now that the others are gone, he just started trying to crow today. I will keep him around until there's trouble.

Have seen mowers that take multiple batteries, same battery that will run other implements.
I have a 57V EGO string trimmer that I'm very happy with since I got it last summer.

I do, Willie is a 3-4yo BCM, and he had a hell of a time with the two bad boys.
Don't think he's messed much with the Last Brother, but LB has been incredibly docile staying out of everyone's way on sight. But who knows how LB will change now that the others are gone, he just started trying to crow today. I will keep him around until there's trouble.
Only battery powered items I have, are Sawsall's, drills, and circular saws. All my lawn care tools are gas powered. So, I'm not familiar with electric mowers.

Back
Top Bottom