BYC Debate Thread- What's The Friendliest Chicken Breed?

Pics
My black sex link hens are incredibly friendly. All of them will let me touch them, and most of them will let me pick them up. They follow me around the yard, and when I come outside, they run towards the door looking for treats. I even trained them to come when I rattle an old medicine bottle with BB's. They're also incredibly curious, but run at the first sign of danger. They even get along with my dog, and none of them have ever gone after my 6-year-old.

There's one in particular that actually enjoys being picked up, she will run up and start hopping next to me until I pick her up and / or pet her.
20221105_092848.jpg

My black sex link hens are incredibly friendly. All of them will let me touch them, and most of them will let me pick them up. They follow me around the yard, and when I come outside, they run towards the door looking for treats. I even trained them to come when I rattle an old medicine bottle with BB's. They're also incredibly curious, but run at the first sign of danger. They even get along with my dog, and none of them have ever gone after my 6-year-old.

There's one in particular that actually enjoys being picked up, she will run up and start hopping next to me until I pick her up and / or pet her.View attachment 3313212
Adorable!! I love people-chickens 💘

My otherwise grumpy bully bantam cochin, Elsa,will wine and cluck when she wants to be held. If you don't pick her up, well, she will take matters into her own.. feet. So she is very people loving.
20221103_174656.jpg

Overall friendliest still goes to my d'Uccles though 🥰

So far for me it seems the wyandottes are most bold and come first, but the Buff Orpington, Blue Australorp, and Speckled Sussex a quick 2nd. The RIR are friendly, but, don't flock me like the others. However, they are only 2 weeks old. Man, they grow fast lol.

The D'uccle bantam are fairly friendly as well, but they are only a week.

I'll have more input as they grow.

In my experience, Golden Comets are pet material, and incredible layers (although they are prone to reproductive issues, according to the vet).
View attachment 3632669
Golden Comets are great chickens. They are production hens.. I had a Red sex link, hen a while ago. Not sure if it was a Comet, or other similar looking hen. I didn't get her new... She was a rescue about one year old.
Only downside with them,,,,, :( ,,, The only pull about 4 to 5 years.
Layed eggs until her end.
All my chickens are my pets that live long lives. My recent to exit was 11 years+

Back
Top Bottom