Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Quote:
Thanks It is very helpful- I'm gonna forward this thread to my friend who ordered this right after I emailed him about it. I guess I'm a chicken enabler.

Wayne

... wouldn't that make you a 'chickenabler'?
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks It is very helpful- I'm gonna forward this thread to my friend who ordered this right after I emailed him about it. I guess I'm a chicken enabler.

Wayne

... wouldn't that make you a 'chickenabler'?
wink.png

I've been called that several times lately- Every time I see a special or someone selling chicks of a breed that i know somebody is wanting, I immediately send the link to several friends. Some of those hatcheries and breeders need to put me on their payroll!! lol I wonder if the Mods would consider putting Chickenabler under my screen name? LOL

Last edited:
ok so I have a question. How do we know what we got when we get it? From what I read they just throw in chickies and don't send an invoice of how many of this breed or that you got. How do you tell with day olds...so many of them look so incredibly similar for the first week or month even. I'm sure those of you who have been around many different breeds can tell, but for us novices...What do we do?

Quote:
Well ducks have flat beaks and webbed feet, geese do to but they are larger
wink.png

You will have to wait and see....that is part of the surprise. It is an educated guess for even the most experienced when they are day olds.

Quote:
heheh - I guess that's part of the fun- Some breeds nobody can tell what they are until they start feathering out. I'm sure this is when they have overruns and leftovers etc. This kinda deal is probaly not for everyone. I got a leftover special from another hatchery years and years ago and I had a ball. I ended up with so many different kinds of chickens you wouldn't believe. I can't even order it right now , but if I could I would.
lol.png

I think half of the fun of it was trying to guess what breeds you had. There were hours of entertainment just doing that. One day we were sure it was one breed then the next day we'd change our minds.

Quote:
Yeah What Tracy said!! I think I wore out a Murray McMurray catalog way back then trying to identify what kind I had. Didn't have the internet then.

They shoulda been here today
idunno.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
idunno.gif
I called the PO and they said they didn't come on the first truck but they may come on the second @ 830am. It is 745am now I hope they are on it. They did ship out from Cackle on Monday.
hit.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom