Caring for the flock with COVID-19

Kuntry Klucker

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Tennesee Smoky Mts.
Has anyone given any thought to how they are going to care for their flocks if they get the corona virus?

I was just wondering, this is a worry of mine. If we get really sick or even hospitalized, what are we going to do?

Does anyone else worry about this?

What are your plans?

Thanks.

I can't even tell you how many people have tested positive for the coronavirus in my city since the number is constantly changing but I can tell you that only one of these people are in the hospital.
The rest are recovering at home.

Just because someone gets this virus doesn't mean it's an automatic hospital stay.... Many many many people are recovering just fine at home.

I will be doing the care for them myself if able. My whole family will be quarantined with my wife in a location with very good health care capacity somewhere else. In I fail, then my kids can do most for short-term but a neighbor would likely fill in. If I kick bucket, then chickens will be in deep doo doo.

Last edited:
As already mentioned, you need a backup plan anyway, aside from this current crisis. Family, neighbors, or friends, especially someone who's familiar with your birds, for any time you need help.
Typical petsitters aren't so handy when there are horses, cattle, and chickens involved, and the dogs and cats. That's why we have people who have the same critter collection, and can step in to assist, as we have for them.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom