Change of plans

Pics
Wtf! I know the three I purchased, but what is this?

Attachments

• 20220303_083154.jpg
    20220303_083154.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 8
It's got yellow shanks, blue feathers, with what looks like the beginning of red lacing...blrw?
That seems like a good guess. I think I see a rose comb too, which is right for a Wyandotte.

Just a note: on a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, the "lacing" is the blue edge on the feathers. The red in the middle of each feather can be called the ground color, base color, or background color (there are probably a few more terms for it, too.)

That seems like a good guess. I think I see a rose comb too, which is right for a Wyandotte.

Just a note: on a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, the "lacing" is the blue edge on the feathers. The red in the middle of each feather can be called the ground color, base color, or background color (there are probably a few more terms for it, too.)
The red is in the middle of the feathers?

The red is in the middle of the feathers?
On a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, yes.
On the breast feathers of the chicken you photographed, yes.

(By "middle of the feather" I mean the middle of the visible part. I'm ignoring the base of the feather where it attaches to the body, because that is hidden by other feathers. The lacing goes on the tip and edges of the feather, like an outline around the red middle.)

On a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, yes.
On the breast feathers of the chicken you photographed, yes.

(By "middle of the feather" I mean the middle of the visible part. I'm ignoring the base of the feather where it attaches to the body, because that is hidden by other feathers. The lacing goes on the tip and edges of the feather, like an outline around the red middle.)
Ty❤

Back
Top Bottom