Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Morning all! Check out these shoes I got commissioned for my daughters 18th birthday 😍 they're almost done

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_220742.jpg
    IMG_20240320_220742.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240320_223242.jpg
    IMG_20240320_223242.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 6
:frow Morning! How's it going in your neck of the woods?

We had the weirdest snowstorm this morning, looked like a Dippin' Dots factory exploded in the area or something 🤭 I don't know if Dippin' Dots is a regional things or not, it's like little tiny ice cream pellets for anyone who's never heard of them.

1711117630689.png
1711117652858.png
1711117683559.png

The chickens went nuts eating it like it was some amazing treat I'd put out for them 🤣

We had the weirdest snowstorm this morning, looked like a Dippin' Dots factory exploded in the area or something 🤭 I don't know if Dippin' Dots is a regional things or not, it's like little tiny ice cream pellets for anyone who's never heard of them.

View attachment 3778535View attachment 3778536View attachment 3778537

The chickens went nuts eating it like it was some amazing treat I'd put out for them 🤣
I think those are hail stones not snow - little ice balls - I can see the chickens loving them!

View attachment 3778535View attachment 3778536View attachment 3778537

Great thanks!!! I’m doing great lol and I used to love Dippin Dots!!!!

I think those are hail stones not snow - little ice balls - I can see the chickens loving them!

After a bit of searching, I found out that it's called graupel, which apparently is a snowflake that microscopic water droplets have collected on and frozen to, forming a less dense pellet of ice. It's also known as soft hail or snow pellets. It was so strange, we've had what we've called snow pellets before, but never quite like this! I thought about gathering some up and keeping it in the freezer for the birds later in the year, but they seem to have burnt themselves out on it after noshing away all morning and they're no longer interested. 🤭

Great thanks!!! I’m doing great lol and I used to love Dippin Dots!!!!

That's good! And me, too, though they're so expensive for what they are :th

Back
Top Bottom