Check-in Here if you are on lamb/kid watch...

greyfields

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Washington State
According to the calendar, Sunday should be the day when the small ones start falling from their mother's bums. But, we had a lamb drop last Sunday, a week early (but doing fine). All 3 of my goats are bagged up and look completely uncomfortable with swollen vulvas. One had a slight discharge tonight.

So, 19 ewes and 3 goats to go.... thankfully, the cows don't come until March/April.

Everyone around here lambs April/May because we get about 60 inches of rain per year. I was in the hospital in August and while there, someone (my dad) left a gate open so the boys got in. I decided it was fate and am really glad we have clear sunny and cold days ahead of us and no rain.

We had our first lamb of the season born.......Take a guess when....

Yep....One of the coldest nights....Sometime tuesday night it was born. I didn't get the ewe in the nursery area we have set up (worked wonderful for us last year). But anyway I didn't get the ewe in there yet as I have been back and forth between home and the hospital so much lately(grandpa had a heart attack) I have slacked a little. And thought I had a few extra days here (a week). Well with all the other stuff I had my days confused and the ewe gave birth tuesday night right on schedule. Mom and baby are doing great. I still wanna put her in a lambing jug because of the nasty weather, but will have to wait until tomorrow(friday). Yeah I know it's already been running around for what will be 3 days, but it's just me, I need to do it......
Besides I have to get all the other girls into the nursery area and get ready for more little lambs. Ours usually lamb Jan-Mar.

3 does due NOW..and it is a balmy -15...checked the barn every 2 hours last night and again this morning. Mounded up some straw and over filled all the bunks with hay...its supposed to warm up tomorrow, maybe in the 20's. I hope they can hold it for a few days.

Ok, this is Mrs. Turbo (turbos wife) but I can't stand it I just have to post...... Our pygmy goats run together and we don't have the space to seperate them for breeding. I am not sure when our female was bred so I am on baby watch. She didn't bag up last time until she kidded so I can't really go by that. She had some discharge last week and the last couple of days she has had more and she is swollen on her hiney so I put her in the shed with a heat lamp. She had a baby last year on leap day. We set up a stall with a heat lamp and kept her in there with the baby for 2 weeks then we let her out and set up a corner in the goat house using cattel panel with a heat light so the baby could come and go. She would come out of there and eat and go back under the light to stay warm. Can't wait to post pictures of the new baby when it comes.

Checking in....1 doe looks like trips from her size. Not sure of the date but she is pretty swolen in the back side and udders are filling.
clap.gif
Please wait for better weather but prolly not!

I have Alice due shortly. I have been on watch since the beginning of the week. I keep telling her to hold off until next week when it will be above freezing.

I'm on kid watch with Mrs. Etta, my supposedly sterile rescue doe. She's got a soccer ball bag, no ligs, arched tailhead, and her legs are starting to post up. Of course, its freezing here, but at least she didn't pop last night when it got down to 6F.

I'm thinking twins.

Back
Top Bottom