Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Oh cute!! Sure thing!! We've been moving our chickens around a lot, as we've taken them from the front to the backyard. They're closer to me now so i hear them a lot more, which i like actually!
One of our girls went broody at the same time they collectively decided to lay all their eggs in one random place, so we got three more hens outta that. Plus a rooster I've since rehomed. Terrible luck that same hen got killed by the neighbor's dog (he broke through part of the fence; he didn't hurt anything else but Eggle was a feisty mama. Honestly a terrible loss she was so sweet, even cooed at me when she was broody.)

We've got six hens now: Cheese, Pachi, Sweater Vest, Freckle, Miss Maisie and Miss Misha. They all share one tiny rooster named Sam, although we joke he shoulda been "Carlos, man of love" or just Casanova, he's such a sweetheart. All of his wives are significantly bigger than him, and he ADORES them. He's such a good rooster, always showing them choice food and dancing for them. Miss Maisie is like four times his size, and he LOVES her so much. All of these little fools have so much personality, i can't wait to build them a really GOOD coop!! I'll share when i do of course<3

I'm attaching some pics, including Sweater, the like. Cream one with some lil blotchies on her??? She's just a lil mutt but i think she's soooo pretty. And there's the rooster we rehomed! He was(is) so much bigger than my lil kikiriki rooster!! Absolutely gorgeous too though, loved getting a video of him and Sam squaring up through a fence. (Them fighting was why i rehomed although obv i knew rehoming was coming with so few hens, Sam kept him in line a long time!) I thought some people might like to see two roosters flaring up at each other, i always think it's so cool to see! My apologies that it's so hard to see!!! (Moving blanket is just a temp wind block lol)View attachment 3811961

View attachment 3811959View attachment 3811955View attachment 3811954
Those are really cool patterns/ colors!

Hi
We’ve our three chickens the older hen Dame Edna has had an implant to stop her laying as she was laying internal eggs she’s fine , so are Madge and Blossom
That's interesting. What kind of implant? Is it something you bought at the store or did you do to the vet? Was she very old or was this just a random problem? And I'm very curious how you found out!

Still up to my neck in stuff (nope, make that fluff)
We have 22 birds now in Texas, lost a Buff Orp to heat already :(
Advice to anybody who wants it: if you live somewhere where it gets up to 85-100 Fahrenheit, then don't get buffs unless you are very well prepared to find all of them in rigor mortis on the ground in the coop.
We've had a lot of success with Barred Plymouth Rocks and Rhode Island Reds, would recommend them to anyone new to chickens. Wyandottes, also not that great for heat (had three, down to one- steadily losing them over the years).

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! I’ve been working a great new job, and it’s kept me BUSY.
Due to the numerous cautionary replies to my post about bringing my ducks to my lake with the Bald Eagles and their nest, I have my three drakes living at my old house, and being well taken care of by my good friend - who is always communicating their needs(food, bedding, etc) They are, as I’m sure everyone here can relate to, ALWAYS on my mind, and I look forward to every weekend, when I get to go bring them treats and dice tomatoes for them, and bring whatever it is they need to stock up on.
They are healthy, and happy - and so am I !
Thanks for the check in!

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1863.jpeg
    IMG_1863.jpeg
    730.2 KB · Views: 2
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hey!
My Ameraucanas, langshans & leghorns are now adults! I have one langshan that is broody and no matter how much I kick her off the nest she wants to sit. We are doing good though! My photo is a pile of said chickens trying to all get in my lap for pets at once.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for reaching out! Life got super busy and we moved from in town to a farm! My sister took my ducks into her big flock. We thought we would take them back when we moves, but they are super happy in her big flock.

So we started over with chickens! The house we bought came with a half decent chicken run that we have slowly been making changes to. My kids are in heaven and we are loving the chickens! I will have to get a more updated pic as they are much bigger now 😁View attachment 3812120
What kind of chicks are these?

Back
Top Bottom