Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
hey guys! The chickens and i are doing great- we’ve got the chickens semi-free range and the girls are happier than ever. Now that it’s spring, we’ve got more eggs than we know what to do with, which means we’ve been making a whole lotta flan and scones. Thanks for inviting us to check in! <3

I think I'm a lurker.
But I do learn a lot, latest project was successfully treating sour crop with miconazole.
In the past I've always had good luck with splay leg checks, but I had a heartbreaking Femur rotation chick this year.

I sort of forgot about Backyard Chickens, because I was completely blocked on the Facebook group and I have no idea why. I didn't receive a warning and I don't know what I did. I can't even see the page on a Facebook search. Totally baffled. I do realize this app is different, but it's still BYC. I wish I knew what happened. Anyway, hello and I'm still chickening. We have a small flock of 20 of various breeds, both hens and roos.
Of that's a fluffy pair of pantaloons! What kind of chicken is that?

Hey!
I had my 2nd daughter at home on the 7th so I’ve just been taking things easy around here 😍
We had a planned home birth but we did not expect her to come so quickly into this world! I had less then an hour of active labor. My water broke at 5:30am and she was born at 8am via my husband 💗 I was talking to my midwife at 7:20 and she did not make it in time but my husband and I did it together and it was a really cool experience we had our 1st at home too 💗
I wanted to share some of those birth photos but didn’t want to scare anyone 😅 so here is one a few hours after birth. 💗
She came at 38 weeks, 8lbs 8oz and 21.5 inches long. She was able to experience the Eclipse at just a day old and we were in full totality.
IMG_5867.jpeg

IMG_5920.jpeg

Hey!
I had my 2nd daughter at home on the 7th so I’ve just been taking things easy around here 😍
We had a planned home birth but we did not expect her to come so quickly into this world! I had less then an hour of active labor. My water broke at 5:30am and she was born at 8am via my husband 💗 I was talking to my midwife at 7:20 and she did not make it in time but my husband and I did it together and it was a really cool experience we had our 1st at home too 💗
I wanted to share some of those birth photos but didn’t want to scare anyone 😅 so here is one a few hours after birth. 💗
She came at 38 weeks, 8lbs 8oz and 21.5 inches long. She was able to experience the Eclipse at just a day old and we were in full totality.
View attachment 3812962
View attachment 3812979
AWWWWEEEEEEEEEE Shaaa are you sleeping yet?

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Just chilling out with my chickens and them wanting to hitch a ride on my wheelchair

Hi all! Still raising our fluffy butts, and dealing with daily life here in NM! Haven't been around since my Grandpop passed, since the chickens were always one of the first questions he'd have for me during our phone calls 😔 My chickens were how I learned that he raised them as well in Gloucester City, NJ when he was a kid❤️ I knew my Grandmom had chickens growing up, because her parents had a farm in Salem, NJ, just didn't realize that Gloucester City, NJ was a place that allowed livestock through the 1940's! Anyway... Thank you Admins for pulling us all back in 😊

Busy busy! My bees swarmed this week and took forever to make one of my swarm traps their temporary home. Tomorrow I will move them to a deep box. Much worrying being done on my side as they were hanging in a tree in cold and wet weather for 5 days!!
Chickenwise, I have a broody Welsummer who is not even sitting on any eggs - just sitting on the floor of the coop in the shavings (that's where she always lays her eggs; she hates the nest boxes) and has stopped laying for more than a week. Her character has completely changed. I'm locking her out of the nesting area all day but she continues her quest for motherhood (without eggs) and is now being picked on by the other two hens who used to be so friendly with her. Country life!!

Back
Top Bottom