Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
I completely forgot I even had this account until just now! I'm so glad you reached out! We are revamping our giant coop tomorrow and putting in new boxes and doing our monthly clean. So exciting to be able to be back at it after having a baby a year ago ❤️

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! Thanks for checking-in. We moved to Sioux Falls, South Dakota and have not been able to get back to owning backyard chickens. Looking forward to a future flock and a new coop.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi! Not up to much, just me and my 2 spoiled chickens

Sounds like we are all busy busy! Keep the faith people! We will survive!!! Much love to all!

Attachments

• 20240325_135329.jpg
    20240325_135329.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240425_142354.jpg
    20240425_142354.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 3

Busy with my new company, going fishing tomorrow. My chickies get a treat!

Managed to get the run safe for the girls !! 3rd time we've tried to get it fully protected! Lost 3 of the 11 hens to heat last year but the remaining 8 are laying beautifully! 4 australorps, 2 black plymoth rock and 2 isa browns.

I completely forgot I even had this account until just now! I'm so glad you reached out! We are revamping our giant coop tomorrow and putting in new boxes and doing our monthly clean. So exciting to be able to be back at it after having a baby a year ago ❤️
Wow! I'm so glad I reached out! Keep us posted with info and pics on your giant coop!

Well, I downsized my flock from 15 to 9 ( I really want to only have 6 ) just easier to keep up with for a few reasons. feed lasts longer, less cleaning in the coop and in reality less eggs to deal with as it seemed this past year everyone around here started selling "farm eggs" and less were buying so eggs piled up and went bad faster than I could give them away. At christmas we made deviled eggs and a few smelled like the Devils Lair and looked worst so a bunch got dumped in the woods , we still get more than we need and my daughter takes a few dozen here and there so its working out. I raked the coop out and put all new bedding in this past january and tilled the old bedding/manure into the run then hauled it to the garden for that black gold to grow veggies this season. Next Ill be adding new mulch to the run to keep the girls dry and start over for next years harvest of black gold.
In a week Im picking up a Kubota Tractor with bucket lift that a friend is selling cheap which will help out around here greatly with projects, grading the drive, digging and installing a bigger culvert and more. I was rear ended last september and totaled my truck so still looking for a cheap truck to haul things needed. Other than that, still kicking
*** almost forgot, Getting our entire septic system replaced... 37 years old and previous owners didnt maintain it so its beyond repair. Luckily getting replaced under an economic program so it will be free.

Back
Top Bottom