Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hey all! I have been very MIA! I started working full time, so my “free time” is far less than it used to be. Chicken updates: we’ve had quite the year of issues and with Texas heat last summer lost a few. Went from 14 to 7 in the last 2 years, but still loving them all to pieces until the day they pass!
So sorry for your losses, :hugs the heat has been tough the last few years. I'm glad however that you are enjoying your flock!😊

I havent been active lately becuase my last two quail died within 2 weeks of each other. Its been really hard
Oh I am so sorry! :hugs I used to keep quail, they are very easy to get attached to, hurts the heart when they pass. 💔 I hope your heavy heart heals soon. ♥

I am so sorry you can't keep any birds, :hugs at least you can visit them, nothing better for the heart than hugging a chicken! 😊

I know! At work, we always have a meeting on Mondays and our supervisor usually asks us about what we did during the weekend.

Everyone's like "I went to a bar", "I played some sports", "I celebrated my aunt's birthday". And I'm like "Well, I hugged some chickens and that gave me the strength to come back to work today, so you should thank those birds" 🤣

I know! At work, we always have a meeting on Mondays and our supervisor usually asks us about what we did during the weekend.

Everyone's like "I went to a bar", "I played some sports", "I celebrated my aunt's birthday". And I'm like "Well, I hugged some chickens and that gave me the strength to come back to work today, so you should thank those birds" 🤣
Chickens fill our love tanks, give us strength when the world drains us. Keep up all the Chicken hugging! 😊

Hi peeps, i have been away for too long. When i first joined this community i had some peafowl, budgies and cockatiels. Some time back i sold all my budgies and cockatiels as mortality was increasing due to my busy schedule. Recently i got some chickens and i still retain the peafowl. I have aseel and desi chickens. These are local breeds of Pakistan. But for a mix i have placed Austrolorp, RIR, light Sussex and desi eggs under my two broody aseel hens. I will get back with some nice pictures of my birds in the morning.

Hi peeps, i have been away for too long. When i first joined this community i had some peafowl, budgies and cockatiels. Some time back i sold all my budgies and cockatiels as mortality was increasing due to my busy schedule. Recently i got some chickens and i still retain the peafowl. I have aseel and desi chickens. These are local breeds of Pakistan. But for a mix i have placed Austrolorp, RIR, light Sussex and desi eggs under my two broody aseel hens. I will get back with some nice pictures of my birds in the morning.
Glad you stopped by! I'd love to see your Aseels, such a gorgeous breed of bird! Post pics when you can. 😊

I still have 2 of my old flock Lucy 7yrs old, Christy 6yrs old and bought 6 Buff Orpington in late this winter. I posted the condition of one of the 6 Orpingtons, she was hit by a car and survived.

Love my chickens.
Oh gosh, I am glad to hear your bird survived, she must be a real trooper! Do you have a photo of her, I bet she's pretty!

Hey howdy hello all you little Chicken tenders!
I'm enjoying an incredible (wet) spring here in the Ozarks. The grandkids came to visit and we added 15 chicks (yep... you know chicken math). Every one of them has a special name and personality, so this Nana needs to keep the grands updated with all the cute coop antics. Here are pics of my little flock... and then the additions! All adorable.
The grands also helped decorate the coop door! I couldn't ask for a more beautifully decorated coop.
OzarkNana

Attachments

• 20240410_105657[1].jpg
    20240410_105657[1].jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240410_191140[1].jpg
    20240410_191140[1].jpg
    375 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240419_194552[1].jpg
    20240419_194552[1].jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240424_180553[1].jpg