chicken burn out... a question

Careful here. It is also formulated to maintain profitability of the company making it. I am a fan of adding scratch, scraps, and fermenting or soaking feed. These things can be done in simple was that do not take much effort if you have a system/process in place to make it efficient.

Not saying there aren't other things that are healthy for chickens to eat, just saying other things are not required. My dog has eaten the same kibble for years, but that doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate a bit of turkey from time to time ;)

Never meant to make anyone feel bad. Taking care of chickens or any farm animal can be difficult work. They are little poop machines and they spend their whole day everyday trying to find ways to mess up their environment. We who tend our chickens must find what works for us. This will be different for almost everyone. I posted here because I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. The conclusion I come away with is that to achieve the balance I need to is by reducing the inventory of my flock. I am going to go down to 8 birds. This should reduce the maintenance enough that I can still enjoy having the flock and keep it the way I want it to be. Thanks for your suggestions and kind words. I am still open to any other words of wisdom anyone cares to offer.

Never meant to make anyone feel bad. Taking care of chickens or any farm animal can be difficult work. They are little poop machines and they spend their whole day everyday trying to find ways to mess up their environment. We who tend our chickens must find what works for us. This will be different for almost everyone. I posted here because I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. The conclusion I come away with is that to achieve the balance I need to is by reducing the inventory of my flock. I am going to go down to 8 birds. This should reduce the maintenance enough that I can still enjoy having the flock and keep it the way I want it to be. Thanks for your suggestions and kind words. I am still open to any other words of wisdom anyone cares to offer.
Happy you came up with a plan. Now can you create a coop page/article? Pics I saw look awesome. I want details. :drool

IMG_0350.png
IMG_0622.jpeg
IMG_0620.jpeg
IMG_0376.png
View attachment 1650606
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0630.jpeg
View attachment 1650623

Last edited:
here's some different views of my coop and the adjacent connected run showing the feeders I built and the tree rounds they use to access the door to the coop. I built a shed and then built the coop in the shed with a storage work area in the back so I could service it in the rain, wind and snow without getting wet.

Back
Top Bottom