Chicken falling over after I put her down!

I just gave her some boiled eggs and some oats which I heard is healthy for them and has vitamins. She's now running and climbing better but sometimes she cant get up whenever she's laying down. I have to help her stand whenever she's like that. But I see her flying and running with my other chicken which she didn't do yesterday. I'm hoping whatever this is will go away soon.

I just gave her some boiled eggs and some oats which I heard is healthy for them and has vitamins. She's now running and climbing better but sometimes she cant get up whenever she's laying down. I have to help her stand whenever she's like that. But I see her flying and running with my other chicken which she didn't do yesterday. I'm hoping whatever this is will go away soon.
It's good she's doing a bit better with running and climbing.
As I suggested, it would be good to get some vitamin E and b complex into her.

I agree with ☝️
Listen to the experts like Tookie, they only give out the best information you can ask for, but it won't be of any help unless you're willing to act and it won't hurt the chickens at all, you'll know pretty quick if the vitamins works.

Wishing your bird good health from this point on.

It's good she's doing a bit better with running and climbing.
As I suggested, it would be good to get some vitamin E and b complex into her.
Thank you for your help! Do you think a Tractor Supply or other store will provide those vitamins? I'll be sure to go today if so. I was noticing that she falls over to grab stuff off the floor and sometimes her legs do like a split as well.

Thank you for your help! Do you think a Tractor Supply or other store will provide those vitamins? I'll be sure to go today if so.
You should be able to get it at the grocery store, or a pharmacy. TSC probably doesn't have them.
I was noticing that she falls over to grab stuff off the floor and sometimes her legs do like a split as well.
Poor girl! I'd definitely get vitamins into her as soon as possible.

You should be able to get it at the grocery store, or a pharmacy. TSC probably doesn't have them.

Poor girl! I'd definitely get vitamins into her as soon as possible.
I was able to get some vitamins at my local Tractor Supply. I added it into their water yesterday. I also bought her an ointment just in case her leg hurts her or something. I'm hoping those vitamins will kick in quickly. Thank you for all your help everyone! I'll post any updates that happen.

Welcome to BYC! How can I help you?
OP hasn't been on in a couple months, so you may not get a reply.

Thanks for the reply!
I have a chook doing the same thing so was just wondering if they saw an improvement with the vitamins.

Thread is found here, you may want to go there for posts/replies, that way you have answers and questions pertaining to your hen.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-falling-over.1604909/

Back
Top Bottom