Chicken Guard Automatic Door

I just bought one about a month ago and I’ve been meaning to do my review! LOVE it and for a little bit more $ than some of the crappy rewiew ones on Amazon it comes with a 3 year warranty! I got mine from @chickenguardusa through mypetchicken.com message him and ask what they can do for you!!! I always try to support smaller businesses vs Amazon. Oh and shipping was very fast!

I have the premium model (with light sensor) and the self locking door. Both have worked perfectly. My girls are safe and they don't have to wait for me to get my lazy ass out of bed. 😁

We've had the extreme for over a year now & like it. I do wish there was a way to not have to reset everything when you change the batteries & I wish you could override it, to say keep the door closed for an entire day, without clearing whats already programmed.

But the door functions great, never fails to do its thing. I like how adjustable the closing at night is, to either adjust the light sensor for how dark it is, or add on minutes. We had to add on a few minutes because they would sometimes miss the door. Works great.

I see the difference between the Extreme and Premium is related to weather, but could anyone be more specific as to what that means? We live in Iowa so would the premium not work?

I see the difference between the Extreme and Premium is related to weather, but could anyone be more specific as to what that means? We live in Iowa so would the premium not work?

I'd contact the manufacturer to see if they could give you temperature ratings for each unit. I know Premium Extreme has a stronger motor.

One other thing you could try, is installing the motor and door inside the coop, instead of outside. We don't get that cold but I wanted to protect the motor as much as possible, so I installed both parts inside.

Last edited:
I own 1 premium (2.2lb max load) for about 3 years. It is working ok. I used the timer to open/closed. I ran into problem calibration open/closed limit twice and the door won't open once. The setup limit is easy, but won't save open/closed limit stop settings so end up spend more time to calibrate. I used the aluminum door, which only weight .9lb and this help to extend the life of the motor. The new set of battery last about 8 months. Hope this help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom