Good morning clubbers - it's sunshine, seriously it's sunny out there. :ya

I'm 65 and in the last ten years particularly I've found there is stuff that I just can't cope with anymore. I can do most things still but when they take so much longer than they used to it seems greater sense to get someone else to do it.

My body started seeking retribution at 75, but I keep on doing the things I do so that I can keep on doing the things that I do. More slowly and at a higher physical cost, but the thought of giving in to 'old age' terrifies me.

Good morning clubbers - it's sunshine, seriously it's sunny out there. :ya

My body started seeking retribution at 75, but I keep on doing the things I do so that I can keep on doing the things that I do. More slowly and at a higher physical cost, but the thought of giving in to 'old age' terrifies me.
At my age and experience I think I'm entitled to take more of a supervisory role.:p
There are two things I just won't do. Push wheelbarrows with heavy loads and carry any more than half my bodyweight.

At my age and experience I think I'm entitled to take more of a supervisory role.:p
There are two things I just won't do. Push wheelbarrows with heavy loads and carry any more than half my bodyweight.

Wheelbarrows still work for me, but half my body weight (that would only be 72 #) is a near impossibility.

<shudders> This is one thing I don't miss.
The last few years when his legs were going Rascal would end up stuck, sometimes with all four legs splayed out, and I'd have to get him back up on his feet, while hoping I didn't lose my footing. Happened on the vinyl floors in the house too, took me a bit to realize why he wouldn't go into the bathroom for his water bowl, then he splayed out on the kitchen floor and the light bulb went off.
That's what happens to my poor Newfoundland, as well. She's fallen down outside, but I've had to pick her up in the kitchen and in the shop (smooth concrete) from splaying out like that. My St. Bernard did it once in the kitchen and cried and cried! I felt awful for her. They get mom voice now if they're causing a ruckus on the linoleum!

Back
Top Bottom