My area is reasonably safe since we are more rural. There are around 40 cases in my town but I don’t know if there have been any deaths. The overall cases are leveling off, however the death rate is still a bit high. I’m concerned all the folks in the mid west who haven’t seen many cases and don’t think it’s a big deal are going to get hit hard.

Yum, Sour! The morning nibbles sound divine!

It has come out that one of the signs/symptoms of Covid is a loss of smell or taste. Heck, I've had that intermittently for years. Mom totally lost her sense of smell at 30. She also came down with Parkinson's. We found out later that that sense loss was a precursor. I got Mom started on zinc as I understood that can help restore and boost a sense of smell. She discontinued it because -- although it was nice to smell the roses again -- she wasn't enjoying noxious scents, like dog poop. (St. Bernard cross, so unavoidable)

We've attributed Mom's Parkinson's to a nasty fall out of a moving car and subsequent coma, i.e., brain trauma, as a young woman. She also had the telltale tremors. I noticed my loss of smelling on occasion after I got my CPAP while living in Las Vegas and before they gave me a humidifier to go along with it much, much later. It was also not calibrated correctly the first couple of weeks and the blasting of air into my sinuses caused bloody noses and that's when things went wonk for my sense of smell. I think my sinuses got fried. Seriously, I thought I was going crazy as things did not smell (to me) as they should... The post office smelled like death and Costco was like a sewer. Floral scents were chemical and industrial. Happily, things eventually got back to where they're supposed to be, although not as keen as they once were....and some of that I'll attribute to age.

Our village has gained one more Covid case, so we're up to 5 in a population of 8237. However, we're nestled in the armpit of two major big cities with a large number of cases...although recently most outbreak cases are up north in the Navajo nation. Still, as a high risk person, I'll SIP & SAH and use this opportunity to just get stuff done. The garden is getting planted. About the only thing really missing/craving are trips to Trader Joe's.

Third time's a charm... We have a buyer for the Santa Fe place! A nice CNA looking for a starter home. So very much looking forward to not having to maintain two houses. We're having a small heatwave here, so the yards need extra water and I'm just exhausted.

I have a gas cook top I love, but the wall oven not so much!

My stove is standard push in model but has 5 burners on top 2 are super fast boil we have super heavy cast iron griddle and burner grates but we have scratch and dent dealer..

Good morning club another pot hot black coffee just doughnuts here

My stove is standard push in model but has 5 burners on top 2 are super fast boil we have super heavy cast iron griddle and burner grates but we have scratch and dent dealer..

Good morning club another pot hot black coffee just doughnuts here
You know there is actually one of those in Bremerton I think. When we’re at the end of our patience I think I’ll call them. That range set up you have sounds awesome. I’d love that 5 th or even 6th burner! My microwave has convection, it used to anyway. Loved that because you could do pies in the summer and not heat up the whole house! And it’s nice to have a second oven for those times you need one.

My sister lives in Bernilillo - I always spell it wrong. I liked it so much better when she lived in Albuquerque because I could spell that. Her adult daughter in Rio Rancho.

Sister used to live not very far from me. When our mother passed away she moved to NM so she wouldn't get stuck with our very aggressive father & his dementia. I got him instead. He eventually moved into a nursing home because he had seizures and frequent bouts of aspiration pneumonia. Drs. said because he couldn't remember how to swallow. He passed at 90.

Back
Top Bottom