Morning everyone! I know this is a light hearted thread but, I have a serious question. We (sadly had no choice this year) got a few chicks from tractor supply. I was looking them over, and noticed 2 of them have bum feet. No doubt from those stupid brooder mats. I hate those brooders they have now. Anyhow, I have a bantam girl and her left foot has a stub (like it was snipped) where her "spur" should be. Her outside toe looks as though her nail had come off, and all that is left behind is a quick like nub, that moves around. My other babe is a brahma, and her right foot has a toe that appears to have been broken at some point, and has healed with half her toe pointing backwards. While I know these ladies will need a special bit of attention.. I am wondering if anyone has tips that may help them? They walk fine... Now. I am wondering about when they are outdoors all the time, scratching, picking, and walking around. Any ideas?

This was the best I could do. Front and back of her foot. We found 2 more like her but, not as bad. So...we have 4 special chickies. I just want to be sure we do all we can. My job to keep them healthy and happy.

Attachments

• IMG_20210502_072705470_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210502_072705470_HDR.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210502_072743902.jpg
    IMG_20210502_072743902.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom