Hey everyone! Thanks for the coffee! Before I could post here yesterday I ended up running my best girl Isabella to the vet. She was euthanized and I just felt rotten the rest of the day. I picked my tomatoes in a thunderstorm which is new behavior for me! :gig
Isabella was my senior hen, 4 1/2 years old Brown Leghorn. She was my last favorite hen! I swear! No more favorite hens! I have the 5 sex links that are like a mob and hopefully none will become special. Unless it’s Polly that everyone picks on or Cheryl who tries to lay eggs in feed sacks….

Hey everyone! Thanks for the coffee! Before I could post here yesterday I ended up running my best girl Isabella to the vet. She was euthanized and I just felt rotten the rest of the day. I picked my tomatoes in a thunderstorm which is new behavior for me! :gig
Isabella was my senior hen, 4 1/2 years old Brown Leghorn. She was my last favorite hen! I swear! No more favorite hens! I have the 5 sex links that are like a mob and hopefully none will become special. Unless it’s Polly that everyone picks on or Cheryl who tries to lay eggs in feed sacks….
I avoid giving them names. It's unlucky for chickens.

Morning all.

Hope everyone dealing with the Hurricane is staying safe and dry!

@Sequel so sorry to hear about losing your last favorite bird. Sux doesn't it?

I've had a rotten year as far chickens are concerned. I've lost ten so far. Four roosters to a fox, two hens to some sort of reproductive infection, one hen to a broken leg, one that just dropped over dead one day, one to heat stroke. And another one that I can't remember why she fell over dead but she did.....

Hatched 11 chicks from my bantams. Got 5 pullets and 6 cockerels from that hatch.

It's just been a weird year poultry raising wise. On the bight side, none of them died from Marek's disease!

Coffee's on guys, help yourselves!
1693492002740.png

Back
Top Bottom