Coffee for everyone!

EVERYONE.jpg

Welcome. It's all self serve here. Bring your own cup and clean up after yourself. Make a fresh pot if needed.
Those were the rules of our office coffee pool that I ran for a couple decades!

(Inherited the "mantle" when someone retired; I took it on in self-defense so I'd be sure the coffee was always there & decent!) No one took over when I retired, so they're all on their own now.

Some people were chronically tardy or failed to pay their monthly membership (just enough to cover supplies) until I posted the membership list by the pot in the break room and checked off who'd paid. That also deterred most freeloaders who'd sneak a cup without putting a quarter in the "visitor" can; paid members would call them on it. This was a professional office, no one was squeaking by on minimum wage - but cheapskates & freeloaders happen everywhere, sheesh!

Our coffee was better & waaaay cheaper than the cafeteria's, and I even supplied half & half (because I like it) and a flavored creamer for the Philistines. 😉

I like THIS coffee club much better! No hassle and we can fix it (or tea) any way we please! Cheers...[clink]

but I love a good Kringle. (Thanks, Trader Joe's!)
Last I saw, visiting Burbank, they carried my favorite kringles, from O&H Danish Bakery in Wisconsin. We were gifted one about 10 years ago and now send them as gifts to family & friends all over the country. So many delicious fruit & nut & chocolate combinations! And their Viking-themed catalog is such fun. I need to get the Christmas kringles ordered soon, thanks for the reminder...

[No Trader Joe's up here in the redwoods, not enough people around to support one.]

When living in TN we had a Trader Joes and did stop there once in a while as it was fairly long drive to get there. We really liked the way they got you through the check out process with military marching precision. One thing they introduced us to was the plum x cherry fruit. Loved those. Here in these woods we are glad to have a local IGA. When we drive 30 miles each way we have a Publix where we love to shop when they have the things we like on sale and especially by one get one free.

Back
Top Bottom