I’m waiting in the doctors office For my wellness visit. Hmmm…I was reading about what’s not allowed to be talked about during this without incurring charges…
WTF???

Wellness needs to be talked about. In ALL its forms. Our medical care system is so efffed up!

Sorry for the rant. :oops:

WTF???

Wellness needs to be talked about. In ALL its forms. Our medical care system is so efffed up!

Sorry for the rant. :oops:
Yeah refills of chronic meds, evaluation of status of chronic diseases, actual physical exam etc... Basically this is to schedule your needed screening things like mammograms and to list what if any shots you need. :hmm So I guess I just had two appointments because I have stuff that needed dealing with.

We get those wellness visits once a year. Test things like memory and balance for a cane, etc. Regular appointments for new medical issues. No charge though if you need to get a script refilled. Another appointment is made for discussing new medical issues. They have a schedule of appointments for that day and others coming in behinds us shouldn't have to wait longer to be seen. I think that is the reason they are discouraging getting into regular or new medical needs at that time. We were told ahead of time when they first scheduled us for this that it is for the insurance company benefit as well as ours to find out and ward off any thing that advancing age could be a danger to us. Things like hand rails in a bath or where there are any steps. The uses a lot of time making sure we had things that are associated with falls around the house.

Last edited:
If you are big business rather than a profession.
Yeah. I fear the days of Doctors caring for patients, instead of just making money for a business with very specialized knowledge, may be gone forever.

We like our doctor. He listens to us, and considers our wants/needs. I will be sorry when he retires.

A friend of mine says her doctor is all about pills, pills, pills. "They all are!" she said. Um... not ours, because he knows we don't want and won't take them "just because the numbers are a little high."

But I also believe that I am the person MOST responsible for my health. I am in control of what I eat, how much I sleep, how much exercise I get.

Back
Top Bottom