comparing two organic feeds: NCO vs locally milled

@U_Stormcrow, I was able to get the local feed company to send me some more information. does this add to any of the gaps in the analysis? thanks!View attachment 3342222View attachment 3342223
It does, I'll stick with my initial opinion. Also, they show the makeup for a 50# bag.
46.25% corn, 15% peas, 15% sesame meal, 6.25% crab meal, 5% Aragonite, 3% PNB, 2.5% oats, 2.5% sunflower oil, 2.5% fish meal, 2.5% lime.

and I had guessed -
if we assume (because that's all we can do) a rate of 55% Corn, 15% Peas, 12% Sesame Meal, 5% Crab meal, and 8% everything else (over half of which is sodium, calcium, and phosphorus). the numbers for the aminos come out about the same to a little worse than the first feed (in Lys and Thre, particularly), but that's just a guess. Even small changes in the inclusion rates of crab meal and sesame meal (which I've probably underincluded here, based on fat levels) will make big difference, because those are where the majority of the protein are concentrated.
That puts me in the right neighborhood, but wrong street. Still, not a terrible educated guess.

It does, I'll stick with my initial opinion. Also, they show the makeup for a 50# bag.
46.25% corn, 15% peas, 15% sesame meal, 6.25% crab meal, 5% Aragonite, 3% PNB, 2.5% oats, 2.5% sunflower oil, 2.5% fish meal, 2.5% lime.

and I had guessed -

That puts me in the right neighborhood, but wrong street. Still, not a terrible educated guess.
you were spot on! thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom