Competition Dogs Thread

Pics

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Here is a thread for all those who compete with their dogs! Any sort of titling counts.
I'll go first.
I am training my golden retriever, Finn (AKC Pond's Fast Fish TKN), for Rally and Scentwork (maybe some obedience down the road), and then also 'pet' titles in the Canine Good Citizen and trick dog program. He currently has his Trick Dog Novice (TKN) title and we're working on his TKI (Trick Dog Intermediate), competitive heeling, and scent work training.
finn sit pretty.jpg

Here is Finn doing 'sit pretty' which is one of our tricks for his TKI.

I also show dogs in conformation shows (Finn is nowhere near show quality, so not for him). I currently show a corgi named Birki (AKC Reinwood Pause for a Breeze) in breed competition and junior showmanship. Here is da boi:

1639498111967.png

This is him at our first show. We got second place in a class of 5 open dogs. Not too bad!

I'm super excited that I got asked to show one of my favorite breeds, the clumber spaniel. I'll be showing a clumber spaniel girl in (I believe) 12-18 month bitches. She loves showing so much and I think (with my knowledge of the clumber standard) that she's pretty good.

I'd love to hear about anyone else's competition dogs!

@chickentrains @TheDawg @CHlCKEN

I'd love to hear about others'

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom