black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
This is Finn!!!
55008B0D-4289-44B4-B4A1-532DACCBCBC9.jpeg

Finn stack.jpg

finn floppy.jpg

He is a golden retriever puppy and we got him on April 17th!! He is currently 8 months old.
This is not our family's first dog, or first golden retriever, or my parents first puppy- but it is my first time with a puppy, and I am sooooo excited!! There's a limit to how much time you can spend playing with your friends and neighbors' dogs before it becomes weird :oops:
I am so excited to have my own dog to bond with and train!!!
I'd like to get into some sort of dog sport, even if it's not really in competitions- I'm bending towards agility, obedience, or rally.
I'll be documenting Finn's training and progress at home here!

@chickentrains @TheDawg @NatJ @RiverOtter @Geena @CHlCKEN @ChickForLife @The Happster @EmmaRainboe @ButtonHoarder @Sally PB @TheOddOneOut

Last edited:
We're going puppy shopping this weekend. We're going to get one each of several categories of toy to see which he likes best (squeak toy, non squeak stuffie, rope toy, food/puzzle toy, non tennis ball ball toy). I'm thinking that he needs a squeaky turtle if I can find one. Thoughts?

We're going puppy shopping this weekend. We're going to get one each of several categories of toy to see which he likes best (squeak toy, non squeak stuffie, rope toy, food/puzzle toy, non tennis ball ball toy). I'm thinking that he needs a squeaky turtle if I can find one. Thoughts?

yes he needs a turtle

get one of every toy and then buy more of what he likes. Keep chew toys with him, and all the stuffy toys keep away and only let him have during play time. So #1 he doesn't destroy them, and #2 so they keep their value.

if your puppy is being a jerk, put it to bed! Puppies get very antsy and energetic when they are tired. Counterproductive, I know.. put them in the crate and pop a blanket over. Your perfect puppy will be back in about an hour.

Potty breaks need to be on leash at first!! Don't let that puppy wander off and get used to not coming when called!

Keep a leash on your dog when its in the house, cut the loop off the end of one of your leashes so it doesn't get stuck. if your puppy gets into something or you want your puppy in sight of you, you can reel them back in.

FREEZE YOUR KONGS!!! they last longer that way! buy two if you want, that way you can keep one in the freezer and one out for enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom