black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
This is Finn!!!
55008B0D-4289-44B4-B4A1-532DACCBCBC9.jpeg

Finn stack.jpg

finn floppy.jpg

He is a golden retriever puppy and we got him on April 17th!! He is currently 8 months old.
This is not our family's first dog, or first golden retriever, or my parents first puppy- but it is my first time with a puppy, and I am sooooo excited!! There's a limit to how much time you can spend playing with your friends and neighbors' dogs before it becomes weird :oops:
I am so excited to have my own dog to bond with and train!!!
I'd like to get into some sort of dog sport, even if it's not really in competitions- I'm bending towards agility, obedience, or rally.
I'll be documenting Finn's training and progress at home here!

@chickentrains @TheDawg @NatJ @RiverOtter @Geena @CHlCKEN @ChickForLife @The Happster @EmmaRainboe @ButtonHoarder @Sally PB @TheOddOneOut

Last edited:
We're going puppy shopping this weekend. We're going to get one each of several categories of toy to see which he likes best (squeak toy, non squeak stuffie, rope toy, food/puzzle toy, non tennis ball ball toy). I'm thinking that he needs a squeaky turtle if I can find one. Thoughts?

Finn's first day here was great!! He has zero accidents (we were good about taking him out after eating and when he woke up from a nap) and did not chew on anything that he wasn't supposed to. His favorite toys are tennis balls (for chasing) sticks (for gnawing, but not inside!) one of my DIY ones, his hedgehog, a ropey woven rope thing, and his shark. He hasn't barked at all the whole time that he's been here, and someone must have done base training with him, because he already understands the word 'No' (used mostly for 'no, don't eat chicken poop'). He hasn't jumped at all, and isn't super mouthy. When he's mouthed my hands, I"ve just said 'no' and stopped playing. He is SUPER cuddly- fell asleep on me several times. He met the chickens (through the run) and while he was curious at first, once he got used to them, he COMPLETELY IGNORED THEM!! IT WAS INSANE!!! I AM THRILLED!!! THEY CARE MORE ABOUT HIM THAN HE DOES ABOUT THEM!!! :celebrate

With the cat, they've mostly just ignored each other so far- there hasn't been any sort of confrontation. The few times that Finn has gone to sniff him, Duncan (cat) has just walked out of sight and Finn was like "shoot, I've been bamboozled'' and didn't really follow.

He did end up having a bath because he spit up some on the car ride, but is now not stinky, clean, and very fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom