Coturnix: How long from pip to hatch?

sweeeeeeeet!
celebrate.gif

It IS very cool to watch. I got about 2 hours sleep last night because I couldn't tear myself away, LOL. We're up to 46 out of 65 eggs so far and they're not done yet. 27 hours after I noticed the first pip.
57523_dsc00672.jpg

Thanks! I ended up with 57 out of 65 eggs hatching so I'm pretty happy, although I lost 2 shortly after they hatched. Got a nice assortment of colors, too. The whole thing took just over 36 hours from first pip (7:00 am Day 17) to the last hatch (9:00 pm Day 18).
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Pets, and raise them for eggs. I might sell the excess males. Not sure if I could stand to eat something that I raised!

So true. This just happened to me again yesterday. My t-stat failed and I had to run the bator on a dimmer switch for most of the cycle, the temp and humidity were all over the place going high and low multiple times. I had totally given up on the eggs, but when I got home yesterday I had two little bulldozers pecking everything in the bator. These guys are a day early, so at least I got to prep for the main hatching.

phew, helpful thread. many thanks.
I had two hatch in quick sucession this morning..then despite all of us (including the neighbourhood kids) hovering all day, no one else yet.. A couple pipped earlier though, I was starting to stress.

thanks, this makes me feel better.

those little guys are adorable!
( and shouty!)

It is so cold here in Va. Only one egg is starting and I see the beak. So I should not bother to help? I lost quite a few last summer because I suppose they exhausted themselves. Never had one brood in the winter. :/

Back
Top Bottom