Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

I'm new to Crested Cream Legbars. I hatched a pullet 8/1 and I'm excited for her to grow. I am going to read up on this forum to see what to expect from any crosses that might arise. She hatched with a Welsummer boy, a Wheaten Ameraucana boy, and a Buff laced Brahma boy that might be staying.
My first question: can a combination of crosses produce crested, bearded, feather-legged chicks? I love all three of these characteristics, and blueish eggs. I do have older EE mixes too.

I'm new to Crested Cream Legbars. I hatched a pullet 8/1 and I'm excited for her to grow. I am going to read up on this forum to see what to expect from any crosses that might arise. She hatched with a Welsummer boy, a Wheaten Ameraucana boy, and a Buff laced Brahma boy that might be staying.
My first question: can a combination of crosses produce crested, bearded, feather-legged chicks? I love all three of these characteristics, and blueish eggs. I do have older EE mixes too.

Yes it can be done . Takes time and patience . You may find that the feather leg in Brahma is recessive . Most feather leg breeds carry a dominate feather leg gene . Brahma and Langshan are said to have recessive feather legs . So it would show in a percentage of chicks when the siblings are bred together .

Back
Top Bottom