Cream Legbars

Hope big D makes it. Just keep an eye on your temps & humidity and the eggs should do the rest.

Thanks!!! Big D (oh, he'll love that nick name) is doing very well - his tail fuzz is growing back in and he looks like a bunny rabbit. He's had a number of warm water baths, followed by blow drying. He loves it - I think he's getting spoiled by his spa time. He was complaining yesterday evening - I think he was saying "When am I getting my bath?!"
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

Thanks!!! Big D (oh, he'll love that nick name) is doing very well - his tail fuzz is growing back in and he looks like a bunny rabbit. He's had a number of warm water baths, followed by blow drying. He loves it - I think he's getting spoiled by his spa time. He was complaining yesterday evening - I think he was saying "When am I getting my bath?!"
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

Better get some chicken diapers he may be moving in. Careful he doesn't start thinking he's a duck with all that bathing.

Well, folks, I've never hatched before, but I just set my first CL eggs in the incubator. Last week Dumbledore (aka Captain America) was injured by dogs and plucked halfway to dinner while protecting the rest of the flock (including protecting a lot of chickens BIGGER than him!) - he's on the mend indoors, but I ended up setting eggs earlier than planned. Set 14 of them, and decided to set eggs from all three of my girls, to see what I would get. We'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck!!!!
fl.gif

- Ant Farm

so sorry for the chicken trauma, best wishes for your hatch

Well, folks, I've never hatched before, but I just set my first CL eggs in the incubator. Last week Dumbledore (aka Captain America) was injured by dogs and plucked halfway to dinner while protecting the rest of the flock (including protecting a lot of chickens BIGGER than him!) - he's on the mend indoors, but I ended up setting eggs earlier than planned. Set 14 of them, and decided to set eggs from all three of my girls, to see what I would get. We'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck!!!!
fl.gif

- Ant Farm
Good luck with your hatch. I hope it's a good one! Sorry about your roo. Hope he heals up fast!

Well got the first after winter egg from my older CLB girl and its the largest egg she has laid and even larger than the delaware's eggs.
Yay for eggs!

yay!

My CLs are starting up too -- but their eggs right now are a bit smaller then normal.
Congrats on your eggs!

My Cream Legbars are growing nicely. My oldest cockerel got hurt a couple months ago. He either fell or got pushed off the roost one night and hurt his leg. I had him in sick bay for about 4-5 weeks until he decided he had been in long enough. He kinda gimps around, so I don't know if he will ever be 100%. I guess time will tell.

My other cockerel has done some growing. Still waiting to see the final turn out, but I think he's going to have a floppy comb. His is the straighter of the two, but his is also bigger.

so sorry for the chicken trauma, best wishes for your hatch

Good luck with your hatch. I hope it's a good one! Sorry about your roo. Hope he heals up fast!

Thanks, all. Today was a lovely day, 65-70F, sunny, breezy, clear skies. Since I'm home sick with a cold, and therefore around to supervise (aka, stare into space and blow my nose occasionally), Dumbledore got to go outside in a little pen to stretch his legs, and he got some one-on-one time with each of his girls in turn. Hasn't missed a step, dancing his little bald hiney off for each of them like a talented flamenco dancer, dropping his wing with only two feathers, and you can almost HEAR him clucking "Ain't I sexy?!" His favorite (Jenny) let him mount and he got some action, which I was gratified to see, given how scraped up and bitten he was back there. Four escapes later (two with him trying to get to his girls, one with Jenny trying to get to him, and one with Lissa playing hard to get and flying to the top of the coop), I called it a day, and he's back inside in his crate now (and NOT very happy about it - he's been muttering at me for the past twenty minutes, and I'm sure that if I spoke chicken, it would be full of obscenities). It's going to be pretty cold tonight, so he's sleeping indoors.

So, yeah, he's healing fast - though I can't say that he likes his new nickname, "Mr. Fluffybutt". I have no idea what to expect with these eggs, fertility wise, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes for little cuties in 20 days.
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

Here are some pics of my girl after this years molt
She has ended up with 1 white feather in her crest that looks so funny she looks real good now and has nice color in the brest but I can never get a good pic of her

Ill get new pics soon the weather here has been the pits and the back yard is a muddy mess now.

The 2 EE's in the back ground there have been laying now for just over a couple of weeks and given me this,

Im planning on expanding my blue egg layers by mating them to my CLB boy. I have a barred holland, which lays white, that Im going to breed to him too in order to give him a good size flock to preside over. He isnt the greatest but he is very sweet, dumb as a stump, and just a loveable guy. I have one more CLB girl at my brother in laws which I will probably bring back and reintroduce to the newly formed blue egg flock. All the birds are seperate from each other now to putting them all together in a breeding pen should work out.

Back
Top Bottom