Cream Legbars

YOU DID, and I mis-read it. Sorry
hide.gif
, I think I need new glasses.
I read the same thing, then went back to make sure I read what I read. I found out I did NOT read what I read.
big_smile.png

I read the same thing, then went back to make sure I read what I read. I found out I did NOT read what I read
Thanks -- makes me feel less dumb.... There was a study out of Harvard or someplace that took out letters of words to see how much the human brain fills in by intuition -- and it is a LOT.
th.gif

ETA - Tillypeeps, here's partly why we mis-read what you wrote -- there are several studies like this one - this one is from Cambridge U. (where the Cream Legbar originated cooincidentally)

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Last edited:
I have a single white silkie (4 weeks) and two black silkies (3 weeks), all large fowl, I also have just hatched two sultans (LF), so there should be enough silly chickens to keep each other company. I can already see how different they are to my dual purpose chicks and the CLs.

So you have the LF Silkies? Most of our USA Silkies seem to be the bantam variety. You have some sweet-natured breeds!

So you have the LF Silkies?  Most of our USA Silkies seem to be the bantam variety.  You have some sweet-natured breeds!

Yeah I have all LF. They are still smaller than the dual purpose breeds. Seem to be similar to the CL, maybe a little smaller still. I was really excited to get LF silkies. I did all of my reading about silkies on here where there is a very American perspective. When I realised I could get LF I was very pleased. They are intended to be more pet like that perhaps a table bird but I also really want a brooding team, so, bigger carriage, more eggs, more chicks, more chickens..

Back
Top Bottom