Crocheters Thread

Pics
I crochet as well! I've made all kinds of things, as it helps me destress and calm down at the end of a day.
These are a couple of little guinea pigs I made, the white one for a friend and the brown one for me to keep.
IMG_3627.jpeg

The white one matches my friend's real guinea pig. :love
IMG_9145.jpeg

The guinea pigs were made with my handspun yarn, which is very coarse and thick, as I'm not that good at spinning yet. As such, it doesn't work too well for most projects, but it's perfect for guinea pigs. I made four of them as Christmas presents.
This is a shawl I made with self-striping yarn, which turned out really nicely.
IMG_3717.jpeg

And my latest project, a crochet hat made to look knitted. It's worked entirely in BLO slip stitches, which took forever, but I love the stitching.
IMG_4013.jpeg

And that's all! I'm currently working on a set of fingerless gloves to match the hat, but those aren't coming along very fast...

I crochet as well! I've made all kinds of things, as it helps me destress and calm down at the end of a day.
These are a couple of little guinea pigs I made, the white one for a friend and the brown one for me to keep.View attachment 3731659
View attachment 3731663
The guinea pigs were made with my handspun yarn, which is very coarse and thick, as I'm not that good at spinning yet. As such, it doesn't work too well for most projects, but it's perfect for guinea pigs. I made four of them as Christmas presents.
View attachment 3731661
And my latest project, a crochet hat made to look knitted. It's worked entirely in BLO slip stitches, which took forever, but I love the stitching.
View attachment 3731662
And that's all! I'm currently working on a set of fingerless gloves to match the hat, but those aren't coming along very fast...
I love the shawl you made! What do you use to spin your yarn? And do you have sheep or get different fiber?

These are a couple of little guinea pigs I made, the white one for a friend and the brown one for me to keep.View attachment 3731659
View attachment 3731663
View attachment 3731661
View attachment 3731662
Wow! You spin your on yarn? I've never tried. Is it difficult?

I love the shawl you made! What do you use to spin your yarn? And do you have sheep or get different fiber?
Thank you! I have a spinning wheel my grandma gave me. She gave me some wool too, because I don't have sheep and she has a lot of extra. And yes, it's sheep wool, though I do have some silk I'm waaayyyy too scared to spin. 😅
Wow! You spin your on yarn? I've never tried. Is it difficult?
Yep, I do! It was really frustrating when I was first learning, because it's a lot of moving parts. I can do it okay now, I just wish I could make thinner yarn.

Thank you! I have a spinning wheel my grandma gave me. She gave me some wool too, because I don't have sheep and she has a lot of extra. And yes, it's sheep wool, though I do have some silk I'm waaayyyy too scared to spin. 😅

Yep, I do! It was really frustrating when I was first learning, because it's a lot of moving parts. I can do it okay now, I just wish I could make thinner yarn.
Who needs thinner yarn anyway! Bigger is better! Unless you're trying to make wool doilies. I will admit tho, that anything bigger than worsted can be a pain to work with.

Who needs thinner yarn anyway! Bigger is better! Unless you're trying to make wool doilies. I will admit tho, that anything bigger than worsted can be a pain to work with.
I do love bulky yarn, but mine especially is hard to crochet with. I ply it, so it's either two or three ply, and at least 758901692 times during a project, I stick the crochet hook inside the yarn instead of around it, and it drives me INSANE. 😂 This is some yarn I don't know what to do with. The brown and white stuff is pretty uneven, it's one of the first batches I made. Then the (very uneven) fingerless gloves are made out of yarn I spun and dyed different colors with koolaid, which was super fun.
IMG_4130.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom