Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Oh yeah. I would be quite unhappy.

Look how pretty your raised beds were!! I love that you don't have to have a fence around them. We do because otherwise we would just be growing deer food. :lol:

Yes, they "were", lol. I have a 6' fence around my entire backyard. We have lots of deer here too. It's mostly privacy fence but I do have a section of chain link in the back and I've had a deer jump it before, fortunately it's not a common event or I wouldn't have any fruit trees left. That big deer actually unrooted a peach tree!

Oh my goodness, they feed their dogs live cats and goats? :eek:
Not that we can prove as far as the cats are concerned but when we rescued the 5 pups they were playing tug of war with the remains of a rabbit and they had been given a dead goat kid to eat. We suspect that the rabbit may have been alive at some point and really would not put it past them to drop a live rabbit, cat or whatever in the pen and have them 'deal with it'. But I saw these 5 darling little heathens standing on what was left of the dead goat kid. And they admitted they had given it to them to eat as they weren't going to give them any more 'dog food'.

We had the definite feeling that the next stop for these pups was a .22 to the brain and a burial in a deep ravine. We couldn't let that happen to them.

We were going to get one or maybe 2 pups. Wound up buying all 5 for 25$ to rescue them from their surroundings...and fell in love with all of them.

We hate Amish puppy mills.

I started reading that and I just can't. I'm with you...maybe there is hope for the human race. We have so far to go. :(

My intent is not to bum out the thread but rather to celebrate some humans coming to their senses. This is a good thing. Hopefully it spreads.

Now @ValerieJ, I'm not going to say they are stupid. I love dairy cows. Such sweet gentle creatures. But I will say that steers and meat producers can be dangerous.

We know a vet who almost lost his eye from a distressed cow rearing up and hitting him in the face with a hoof. Shattered his cheek bone and his eyeball was in danger of falling into his sinus.

Another elderly gentleman that we knew had a bull knock him down and tap dance on his chest. Broke every rib along with other bones. He is a tough old bird though and survived. The bull was delicious, he said afterwards. :p

My intent is not to bum out the thread but rather to celebrate some humans coming to their senses. This is a good thing. Hopefully it spreads.
I got that. I'm glad you shared it. I'm just pretty wimpy about knowing how cruel we humans are. It gives me nightmares, literally. Can't get stuff out of my head. So, yes, I guess I'm a little crazy that way. :oops:
Now @ValerieJ, I'm not going to say they are stupid. I love dairy cows. Such sweet gentle creatures. But I will say that steers and meat producers can be dangerous.

We know a vet who almost lost his eye from a distressed cow rearing up and hitting him in the face with a hoof. Shattered his cheek bone and his eyeball was in danger of falling into his sinus.

Another elderly gentleman that we knew had a bull knock him down and tap dance on his chest. Broke every rib along with other bones. He is a tough old bird though and survived. The bull was delicious, he said afterwards. :p
I can see that they can be dangerous. Especially when they are scared or feel threatened. I just always wanted one, and I guess I think because I would take such great care of them they would love me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom