Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I haven't had a garden in several years (busy with house renovations), but with the cost of produce skyrocketing here, I don't have much choice.
I would have one if I could. We live in a rain forest here, so gardens are hard to grow. The last few years I have had a real problem with various fungi in the dirt and on the plants. I just decided to turn it under and treat with copper this year to see if I can improve the soil. I'm hoping next year I can just have a big green house.

I would have one if I could. We live in a rain forest here, so gardens are hard to grow. The last few years I have had a real problem with various fungi in the dirt and on the plants. I just decided to turn it under and treat with copper this year to see if I can improve the soil. I'm hoping next year I can just have a big green house.

It rains a ton here where I live in Georgia as well and I have to use a lot of mulch to prevent the splash back from the soil onto the plants which is what causes the fungal and bacterial issues. I still have a very difficult time with some plants though!

I started some seeds on Tuesday and they're already sprouting! I'm amazed. They were several years old and were frozen this winter (still in my old place, with no heat).

Question for gardeners: can corn be started indoors, or is it direct sow only?
Direct sow I believe.

It rains a ton here where I live in Georgia as well and I have to use a lot of mulch to prevent the splash back from the soil onto the plants which is what causes the fungal and bacterial issues. I still have a very difficult time with some plants though!
Not all rain forests are tropical. I'm not exaggerating. I really do live in a rain forest. There is a clearing where the garden is, and if we can get a long enough season, we can grow a few things. Squash grows well. Some years I can grow broccoli and cauliflower. But, the ground is so wet all the time and moss and fungus is everywhere. It's pretty, but just hard to keep a garden going.

It would be interesting to see your system if you wouldn't mind sharing a picture.

It would be interesting to see your system if you wouldn't mind sharing a picture.
The pink lighting is from the grow lights. I got everything off of Amazon. I'm using trying two different types of systems, Ebb/Flow for the greens and Deep Water Culture. The greens are doing well and the Ebb/Flow system and the tomatoes and peppers in the DWC are growing but have not produced any fruit yet. Gardening is my dream, I just haven't always been very successful, I am not patient enough. LOL
IMG_1293.jpeg IMG_1288.jpeg

The pink lighting is from the grow lights. I got everything off of Amazon. I'm using trying two different types of systems, Ebb/Flow for the greens and Deep Water Culture. The greens are doing well and the Ebb/Flow system and the tomatoes and peppers in the DWC are growing but have not produced any fruit yet. Gardening is my dream, I just haven't always been very successful, I am not patient enough. LOL
View attachment 2057767View attachment 2057769

How cool! Nice setup!

Back
Top Bottom