d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
Quote:
best get the old man some Vicodin and send him back out there!!
lol.png
Get him good and drugged up and he'll finish it and not even remember doing it.....

Na, I know the feeling, I did that once, it's horrible

Quote:
Yeah! That is great and here's to 19 more
smile.png

Thanks,
got a feeling there's going to be a lot of culling this year with all the color projects going, but it's fun.

I am sure it is, you are very lucky to have a place to do it. It is very frustrating not being able to peruse your interests because of annoying neighbors.

Quote:
Yep, I'd be moving, I couldnt stand that, or let's say, they couldnt stand me ; They'd just have to get used to the chickens peafowl and turkeys.

I am going to shoot for starting to look next year. My new financial adviser worked out a plan to have me debt free by the end of the year so hopefully I can start the hunt next year but only time will tell, who knows what tomorrow holds.

welp today was new picture day finally, got about 250 or so on the website now if any of you want to take a look.
Here are a few for easy lookin

red pyle project pullet

IMG_0087.jpg

lavender cuckoo pullet

IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

white

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

millie fluer

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

ginger red

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

brown red pullet

IMG_0086.jpg

solid dun pullet split to mottled

IMG_0078.jpg

mottled cock with dun split hens
IMG_0081.jpg

dun cuckoo

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

blue cuckoo
IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

smokey dun cockerel

IMG_0051.jpg

dark dun cockerel
IMG_0054.jpg

blue buff columbian with columbian hen

IMG_0040.jpg

crele project

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

lavender

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

buff columbian

IMG_0038.jpg

bb red

IMG_1779.jpg

black

IMG_1268.jpg

blue

IMG_1778.jpg

blue quail

IMG_0988.jpg

buff

IMG_1641.jpg

F1 columbian pullet

IMG_2575.jpg

barred lavender columbian pullet

IMG_2561.jpg

cuckoo

IMG_1636.jpg

dun quail

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

F1 lavender silver quail project

IMG_1818.jpg

black mottled

IMG_1729.jpg

porcelain

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

quail

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

splash

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

silver quail

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

Last edited:
barred lavender columbian pullet

Oh, be still, my heart! I adore the porcelains, but she is gorgeous! Dang, I can't imagine where you put all the hatchlings you raise up for all your projects, Aubrey! Oh, Tom's back is a tad better (he just does what he has to do, that man) and we have the floor joists in and the actual flooring tongue-in-groove will be put on tomorrow. Still searching for a window or three for this coop, but we did make a little progress. I sure wish it was going to be ready for the March hatch-would make a great grow-out coop/pen and of course, eventually, will have just the D'Anvers in there.​

Quote:
yep, the one in the pic is one of last year pullets from the first out cross, so she's 50% d'anver and 50% oegb.
Going to just keep working them back to the bb red d'anvers now til I get them perfect. Already have about 15 75 % ones out from this year.

And yep Cyn, it takes a lot of brooders and a lot of grow out pens to do it all, constantly having to add on to accommodate them all

I'm getting excited! March is just around the corner! It'll be nice to have some more beardy buddies soon. They are my favorite breed so far. Just don't tell my high-strung sebright I said that! Chickens can be awful jealous creatures.
roll.png

-Alex

Back
Top Bottom