Day 3 question with pic

Wegs813

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
SE Minnesota
This is my first time incubating. Set 22 eggs. Last night was day 3 and I candled the eggs out of curiosity. There were a few eggs that I could definitely see something going on. Once again out of curiosity I took an egg that I did not see anything in, and cracked it open to see what was going on....this is what I saw....was this fertile and growing?
56528_yolk.jpg

I am no expert, so I'll leave that to others to answer the question reliably. But I think it was.

I don't usually candle eggs until day 10, but the first time I candled incubating eggs I *did* candle at day 7, and could see the veins and a dark blob developing.

I think day 3 is a tad bit early to check.

Quote:
I agree that it probably is too early....but curiosity killed me! And I really wanted to see what was going on!

I am pretty sure it was
ep.gif
...But i am a new hatcher myself just got my first batch. Like you i have alot of "curiosity" in me. I mean i had to candel everyday and wanted to be more hands on.But what i learned on day 22 the little fuzzballs do it so much better all by themselfs. for instence "i just had to help one out of the shell i thought it needed help and sure enuf it had alittle bit of the yoke hangin out " to early" well i placed it in the brooder and the yoke went in the belly and is fine just not as active as the others. Relax it will come together
thumbsup.gif
....Alittle curiosity never hurts !!!!!
wee.gif

Earn a fast $50

http://www.paybox.me/r/markettrendmaster

Looks like either a blood spot or a quiter. Day 3 would be a little farther along than that with obvious spider veins.

Also I don't know if someone has said anything but I think it's against the forum rules to have the link that you have at the bottom of your page....

smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom