Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
As far as the stumbling are you seeing walking around a direct path to get to from point A to point B? or any backwards walking?
what is backwards walking a sign of? I’ve seen backwards walk stumbling not being able to get to food in front of them.

That's great! How big do you estimate he could get fully grown and filled out?
I think he could potentially end up the size of a normal Liege; 12lbs or so. But what I’m starting to suspect is that he may end up being full framed as a large Liege or Malay but lighter in build for the same dimensions. Which would probably be better for my purposes.

Although Lanky has no genetic relationship to Azog, he follows that pattern. He has the frame of a full-sized American gamefowl (and looks full in the breast) but only weighs 3lbs against a frame that would suggest 5lbs or so. He is not unhealthy in any way I can see or feel. Its simply a trend of many of my birds, especially the Crackers, to be lightly built for their size even when they’re otherwise full breasted. That should make for a bird that flies easier. Lanky has very large wings as does Azog.

0660DF1B-2E75-47F0-BDE5-078D13A10274.jpeg

Azog this afternoon. Look at those legs.

Back
Top Bottom