Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
8F6B5690-B563-4CA9-991C-A9B65F7F3BF7.jpeg

Azog has gotten over the limp that appeared at Christmas. The cardboard and tarp has stopped him and Indo from seriously fighting, but they will posture when they catch glimpses of each other. Both Indo and Azog have chicks due in the incubator tomorrow.

40B3F429-F5DC-4AEA-9971-EA5CC15EE7FB.jpeg

The woods flock is doing well. Of the 7 hens, one took a sickly posture almost immediately and disappeared on day 3. The remaining 6 and the stag are doing well. They are coming and going through and over the electric net at will but they spend most of the day behind the net.

E6C90E7F-3E1E-4152-867B-02D9F8A94FA7.jpeg
2D26E80C-91DB-4F46-AAB1-D6CF4DE5839A.jpeg

There was a flurry of bobcat activity around the net and then it dried up, I think because I check the chickens daily and my scent is staying fresh in the area. I just received a state-issued permit to use leghold traps for bobcat, which I am going to deploy tomorrow.

View attachment 3415809

Azog has gotten over the limp that appeared at Christmas. The cardboard and tarp has stopped him and Indo from seriously fighting, but they will posture when they catch glimpses of each other. Both Indo and Azog have chicks due in the incubator tomorrow.
Azog looks real good! Quite Liege like.
View attachment 3415819

The woods flock is doing well. Of the 7 hens, one took a sickly posture almost immediately and disappeared on day 3. The remaining 6 and the stag are doing well. They are coming and going through and over the electric net at will but they spend most of the day behind the net.
That's an excellent picture, looks like they belong there.

C5778C42-1900-42B9-90D6-8AC681C17E19.jpeg

This is the cover they spend all day in. Its about 1/4 of an acre. Lots of leaf litter and will be full of insects and small frogs in another couple of months. At the point I’m taking this pic I’m hunched over. There’s a thick canopy overhead. I have little fear of them having much trouble from birds of prey during daylight.

AD21702A-82A4-460A-AF92-947A63EBE73E.jpeg

Got a big batch of terrorfowl. Indo to American x aseel, Azog to Shadow, and Azog to Liege x aseel (and x Cracker?). I have their ground brooder set up but I’m leaving them in the incubator tonight. It feels and smells like rain outside even though none is predicted. All are tow punched to reflect their lineage.

The Indo to American x aseel look the best IMO.

This hatch I tried using two different designs of lingerie bags to keep the eggs separate during lockdown until I could toe mark them. Both worked well.
A5FFAC13-94AF-4D38-822B-86313D931A9F.jpeg

View attachment 3417601

Got a big batch of terrorfowl. Indo to American x aseel, Azog to Shadow, and Azog to Liege x aseel (and x Cracker?). I have their ground brooder set up but I’m leaving them in the incubator tonight. It feels and smells like rain outside even though none is predicted. All are tow punched to reflect their lineage.

The Indo to American x aseel look the best IMO.

This hatch I tried using two different designs of lingerie bags to keep the eggs separate during lockdown until I could toe mark them. Both worked well. View attachment 3417614
If I were closer and you were selling, I would try to buy some of these off of you. Love the project.

Back
Top Bottom