Deworming and floppy comb

Starting to get floppy combs? I'm not sure what you mean by that.:idunno

I usually wait till I see some symptoms before I treat with anything. Are you seeing symptoms? Then you will know that you are giving them the right stuff.

Usually you don't follow the directions on the bottle for chickens, unless it is actually formulated for chickens. They usually need something different since they are not mammals.

You can also do a lice/mites check. Do you know how? A lot of people on here say DE is more detrimental than helpful.
The combs on they're heads are usually upright. Now 2 chickens have combs tilted to the side. I know that means something is going on. And chickens can go down fast. This may be only sign I get. So trying figure out if some part of flock management I should be doing.
I give pellets in the morning, then at bedtime I give them my fresh veggy scraps from the day and usually mix with some dry oats. Right now mostly fresh spinach, strawberries from my patch, left over stuff I won't eat next day, like steamed carrots. Oh and their left over shells dried and kinda spread thru. Coop cleaned out, fresh straw. Although perch at night. Idk what I'm missing.

The combs on they're heads are usually upright. Now 2 chickens have combs tilted to the side. I know that means something is going on. And chickens can go down fast. This may be only sign I get. So trying figure out if some part of flock management I should be doing.
I give pellets in the morning, then at bedtime I give them my fresh veggy scraps from the day and usually mix with some dry oats. Right now mostly fresh spinach, strawberries from my patch, left over stuff I won't eat next day, like steamed carrots. Oh and their left over shells dried and kinda spread thru. Coop cleaned out, fresh straw. Although perch at night. Idk what I'm missing.
But they seem totally fine? Are you sure that their combs being over mean that they are sick?

It can harm their respiratory systems, so if you are going to use it, I would be very cautious. I prefer to just check for lice/mites and then treat with something that is 100% effective.

Never heard of the floppy comb thing. Maybe because I don't have a lot of floppy comb breeds in my flock.

I am not familiar with panacur, I use safeguard, which is basically the same thing. You definitely want to find out proper dosage first, so that you know it will
What is the tempurature where you're at? Is it very muggy or humid?

It can get pretty humid after it rains. Rains quite a bit.

Some birds combs naturally flop.
De and acv aren't wormers and de will seriously harm you and your birds respiratory systems.
Cut out all the treats, they're getting too much, spinach and oars are bad for chickens

Hi,
I have 4 girls, starting to get floppy combs. Otherwise fine. Think time of year I need to do preventatives, little extra flock care. Think I'm going put little apple cider vinegar in their water. I've made them area for dust bath with diatomaceous earth. I can't remember if need to Mix with something else also? I have
panacur liquid from the vet. Because I give to my 4 legged friends.
My chickens weigh about same as my little dogs, would I just follow bottle instructions and give by mouth same dosage because of weight?? If so, are eggs OK to eat or do I toss them for a while?

Any others suggestions for care are very welcomed. They are 3 years old.
How about some photos.

Photos of the hens, their poop, housing, etc.

Where are you located in the world?

Take a photo of the bottle of Panacur that you have - front and back. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom