Sorry OP off topic ahead.

Poor girl. How sad.

Do you know this family personally?

No. I actually saw newspaper articles about the original accident and felt drawn to follow her on Facebook. I can hardly talk about it though. You know we have "kids" on this board that i fear would try it to save money. You never know who you will inspire out in the interwebs. So, yeah probably I'm over the top about it but she was a shining child. I think adults need to be responsible about their speech.

It didn’t hurt the birds in any way. The mites were gone! The legs healed from the damage the bugs did. The hens are still laying, scratching, crowing. Much happier than when they had the mites. The modern treatments of today take weeks, and most always the mites are not eradicated. Three days three months? Or maybe never? It’s okay though! Love my chickens!!

Whatever method you use on the scaly mites, if your floor is wood, remove all the litter, put down some form of mite deterrent, I’m not going to say seven, cause I’ll get murdered again. If your coop is dirt put down some lime, with shaving over that, it will also sweeten the earth. Treat your nest boxes, your roosts and anywhere within the coop where they may stand. Love y’all!! Be blessed!!

How long does it take for leg scales to be replaced?

I think I'm having luck using something called Captain Jack's Dead Bug Spray. Supposedly the "chemical" is natural, used by both vets and arborists. One of my hens still has creepy scales, the others now seem normal or improved greatly.
Weeks. ..sometimes months.

How long does it take for leg scales to be replaced?

I think I'm having luck using something called Captain Jack's Dead Bug Spray. Supposedly the "chemical" is natural, used by both vets and arborists. One of my hens still has creepy scales, the others now seem normal or improved greatly.

Permethrin is natural, too. It comes frim plants. And it's effective. At some level you have to consider that even if a vet endorsed it, some vets are idiots.

Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew is Spinosad, which is fine too.

Natural does not always mean safe, or good. Arsenic is natural too, as is Deadly Night Shade, and Oleander, which we know are poor choices. Permethrin, and Spinosad are both good choices as active ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom