Dick Horstman

Can you provide more info? Location, what Dick Horstman sells, etc.

What are you looking for with regards to poultry: eggs, chicks, started pullets, etc?

Can you provide more info? Location, what Dick Horstman sells, etc.

What are you looking for with regards to poultry: eggs, chicks, started pullets, etc?
He sells a variety but what I am
Looking for a are silver penciled Plymouth Rock chicks as well as partridge Plymouth Rock chicks

He sells a variety but what I am
Looking for a are silver penciled Plymouth Rock chicks as well as partridge Plymouth Rock chicks

So, are you willing to buy from another individual?

If so, search by state here for NPIP hatcheries and breeders.

http://www.poultryimprovement.org/statesContent.cfm

They use stock codes. The codes for the Plymouth rocks are as follows:
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.48.05 AM.png

Good luck.

So, are you willing to buy from another individual?

If so, search by state here for NPIP hatcheries and breeders.

http://www.poultryimprovement.org/statesContent.cfm

They use stock codes. The codes for the Plymouth rocks are as follows:
View attachment 1716035

Good luck.
Horstman's a pretty respected breeder; his name comes up fairly frequently on the SQ RIR thread, and the mentions (at least the ones I've read--I'm not reading all 10,00 posts, thanks) contain nothing but praise. While I've never ordered from him myself, I understand his stock is supposed to be really good, which is probably why @malcom is thinking about ordering from him.

Horstman's a pretty respected breeder; his name comes up fairly frequently on the SQ RIR thread, and the mentions (at least the ones I've read--I'm not reading all 10,00 posts, thanks) contain nothing but praise. While I've never ordered from him myself, I understand his stock is supposed to be really good, which is probably why @malcom is thinking about ordering from him.

Sounds good, but was given limited info by OP. If interested in quality or for show, then source can certainly matter.

I am ordering from him this year! He is the American Poultry Association’s Vice President and has been breeding for 50 years so if you want to get his breeding stock I suggest you do, before it’s too late. If you get the sincere urgency of my suggestion.

I am ordering from him this year! He is the American Poultry Association’s Vice President and has been breeding for 50 years so if you want to get his breeding stock I suggest you do, before it’s too late. If you get the sincere urgency of my suggestion.
Do you care to share how one would contact him?

Back
Top Bottom