Duck agression?

It has been up for 2 weeks now... I do have a lot of extra poultry netting I could use. Actually, part of the pen is the inside of an old greenhouse, I could probably give them that (no roof, so it's like a pen with walls.) And the chickens the fenced in part.

Ticks are bad this year though so we are working on fencing off the "yard" part of the property with poultry netting so we can free range the birds... it's disspointing to learn that they may not be able to free range together.

It has been up for 2 weeks now... I do have a lot of extra poultry netting I could use. Actually, part of the pen is the inside of an old greenhouse, I could probably give them that (no roof, so it's like a pen with walls.) And the chickens the fenced in part.

Ticks are bad this year though so we are working on fencing off the "yard" part of the property with poultry netting so we can free range the birds... it's disspointing to learn that they may not be able to free range together.

Free range time together is more likely to work out than being fenced in a smaller area together! You still have a chance. Especially once breeding season passes. You can alternate who free ranges and who is fenced too, that way the flock that is stuck fenced gets the whole large fence enclosure.

Mine have never been penned abutters. Ducks have a separate enclosure and everyone gets let into the same area in the morning. That’s probably why. The flicks aren’t just staring at each other, you know? They’d probably be rude about that just like yours.

I think you're right. I was just checking on them, and they have quite an attitude! I will probably never look at them in the same way again... I will have to try and convince hubby to move their house to the greenhouse so they no longer have to look at each other all day and in the meantime I will add another layer of fencing.

Really hopeful free ranging will work out, though.

Back
Top Bottom