Duck eggs day 21 Air cell photos and Incubation pictures

Pics

My15Ducks

Songster
May 17, 2023
Hawaii
Hello fellow duck people. I’m back with some new air cell photos and other questions.

My incubator has been at 40-46% humidity for the last 2 days. Here are some new photos of their air cells at day 17. What do you guys think?
C1C45367-ED01-4F92-A325-20DC0F7EA234.jpeg

804474AF-05C4-4998-A6D8-88BDCF60C2C8.jpeg

2 of the eggs that I candled have this weird little dip in the air cell. Any idea what this means?

2232FB63-784B-458E-97A4-FE0C25539F5E.jpeg

In this last picture, the egg has veins but I saw no movement and there is this weird clot. I’m concerned that this one is dying.
19BE0953-FBF7-4E66-8496-F9678B186642.jpeg

Last question: what could be causing embryo death at this fairly late stage? I have 4 eggs that appear to have died after day 14. Is it because I lowered the humidity? Probably not.. The temperature has been steady between 99.5- 99.9 F. And yes I have multiple thermometers.

So far the majority of the eggs that have died have been my Indian Runners that I bought. The eggs had water stains and had been washed when I got them. Some already were rotten by day 7 and I removed them. So maybe it’s just poor egg quality? Most of the eggs from my duck flock are doing well.. I’m just hoping I’m not doing something wrong. I started with 22 Indian Runner eggs and I’m down to 10, with 2 more that are probably dead. It’s depressing! I started with 26 of my own eggs, and of those I still have 22 going strong.

Thanks!

Thank you. Really appreciate the reply.
I did check the egg with the clot again this evening and it still has veins and looks good. So fingers crossed.

With the water reservoir completely covered, the humidity has been as low as 38 and as high as 48%.

Would you recommend that I start the daily cooling and misting now? I’ve been misting, but not cooling
Yes I would cool once a day
I just lift my lid off and set my alarm for 10 mins
I do this with all my eggs
The moms get off the nest to eat drink poo and forge
With ducks they also swim
This just copies mom cooling and wetting her belly
I think that baby will be fine :)

Yes I would cool once a day
I just lift my lid off and set my alarm for 10 mins
I do this with all my eggs
The moms get off the nest to eat drink poo and forge
With ducks they also swim
This just copies mom cooling and wetting her belly
I think that baby will be fine :)
Thanks! I did it this morning. Lifted the lid, cooled 10 minutes, sprayed, and put the lid back on.
I saw a few more wiggling eggs. 7 days to go

Here we go! He looks slimy too
View attachment 3791786
It could be humidity is to high
Is this the last to hatch
? If so take a q tip and turn it over that gunk. It will lift off. Better to get it while wet before it sticks to baby
My last egg in each bator did this
Each bator at the schools hatched for 3 days and both last babies were sticky and I had ti get hardened goo off

It could be humidity is to high
Is this the last to hatch
? If so take a q tip and turn it over that gunk. It will lift off. Better to get it while wet before it sticks to baby
My last egg in each bator did this
Each bator at the schools hatched for 3 days and both last babies were sticky and I had ti get hardened goo off
That’s exactly what I’m doing, thanks! I cleaned off his face and neck and then put him back in to warm up. I was wondering if the high humidity from all the ducklings hatching was causing the stickiness

I’m so tired but so happy they’ve all hatched. Of the 29 that went into lockdown, 28 hatched. Now I just have to keep them all alive. The last hatched duckling is hanging out in its bowl and looking perkier.

Between the incubator malfunction and all the duckling care I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night 😂😂 But worth it to see all these babies.

Here is Ruu, the wrong end, full assist baby who is super healthy.
E70AE5FF-958A-4A3A-AE97-B471366233F3.jpeg

The egg with the veins looks very healthy
You don’t always see movement that’s far along
I just had eggs look like tiny clots and these babies hatched today
Healthy veins equals life
If that baby dies those veins will be gone in less then 24 hours and the egg will turn yellowish
I’ll show you one we had for after lockdown
Baby just didn’t grow like the rest
The air cells are a bit small I would keep humidity 35-40 till lockdown
I cool and mist my eggs daily from day 10 till lockdown
Babies are still 8 days from hatch and have time for air cells to grow. As for the bought eggs
Washing them is my guess
When washed it takes all the protective Blume off and bacteria can enter and kill the baby
Nothing you have done wrong
This is one that died on day 27
Yoy can see the veins are gone and it’s turned ugly inside
It was moving day 26
Your egg doesn’t look like this
Thank you. Really appreciate the reply.
I did check the egg with the clot again this evening and it still has veins and looks good. So fingers crossed.

With the water reservoir completely covered, the humidity has been as low as 38 and as high as 48%.

Would you recommend that I start the daily cooling and misting now? I’ve been misting, but not cooling

Back
Top Bottom